Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies  (Read 884 times)

• Liked: 0
Recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
« on: August 28, 2003, 05:41:03 PM »
Ok here is the recipe.  Its really really good.  You'll have to watch the cookies while they bake.  I find the first batch takes a minute or two longer than the others.

1/2    cup of butter (or margarine)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1       egg
1       cup of pumpkin (I used canned - you can use fresh)
1       tsp. of vanilla
2 1/2 cups of flour
1       tsp. of baking powder
1       tsp. of baking solda
1       tsp of nutmeg
1       tsp of cinnamon
1       cup of chocolate pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter and sugar together by hand (yes you can use a mixer).  Beat in egg, pumpkin and vanilla - set aside.  (this will look very orange and lumpy with butter=gross lol).  Next sift flour UNLESS you use presifted, add baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.  Add dry mixture to wet a bit at a time til well blended.  Add chocolate pieces.

Drop by teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet.  Bake until golden brown - Yes you'll see the color change on the top of the cookie - about 15 minutes but I find its closer to 11-13.

Makes up to 3 dozen cookies depending on the size of your teaspoon. lol

Ok here's a few thoughts.  I usually double this recipe cause a can of pumpkin is about 15 oz and you will use 1/2 a can for this recipe.  So double it but be prepared you have to have lots of strength to mix the wet and dry ingredients.  Its a heavy batter.

Also you can make these plain without the chocolate chips then melt the chocolate chips and frost the cookies.  Some people don't like the crunch on the top.  With the chips in the cookies it can make some hard points on the top of cookies.  You'll see what I mean.  

Lastly these cookies also travel well.  I've even sent then to Korea!  Hope you enjoy - Please be sure and write me when you've tried them or if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 05:41:52 PM by Kizmet122800 »
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

Re: Recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 06:43:04 PM »
Thanks Karen. Can't wait to try these...they sound YUM. :P

I love pumpkin and I love chocolate. Oh heck...I just love food. ;D

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2003, 07:17:44 PM »
OH, YES!  These are some of our all-time FAVORITE cookies!  Big hit with everybody.  You sent them to Korea?      Wow.  I'll be heading there by Christmas, hopefully, to pick up our second child from an orphanage there.   [smiley=kid.gif]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 07:19:02 PM by Beth »
Someday, after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love. Then for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire.

Tielhard de Chardin

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2003, 08:26:01 PM »
Beth!  Thats wonderful news.  I sure hope everything works out well.  Aren't these the best cookies.  Especially right out of the oven.  The chocolate is so gooey then.  OK thats it.  I have to stop this!  

Best of luck to you Beth.  Please be sure to tell us the final outcome.  

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2003, 08:35:53 PM »
Thanks so much~  :D

I've been running around doing paperwork like crazy, which I HATE!!!!!  There is no epidural for adoption.   [smiley=anxious.gif] But it will be worth it in the end.  He's a beautiful 3-year-old, and we share the same birthday.  

I have GOT to make these cookies this weekend!  MMMMM
Someday, after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love. Then for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire.

Tielhard de Chardin

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2003, 08:49:28 PM »
Beth, I know what you mean.  I'm on a diet now and can't.   :'(

Let me know how they come out.  

I love 3 year olds!  Thats such a great age for a kid.  They start getting it now.  You can actually talk to them and they to you.  My favorite age for a kid.   Especially for Christmas.  How old is your first?  Which sex?  Gimme more details.  lol

LOL I just hijacked my own post!  Only I would do this.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 08:50:10 PM by Kizmet122800 »

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2003, 09:09:08 PM »
LOL!  

Okay, child #1 is a girl named Bailey Clare, from Korea, home one year ago TODAY!  :-)  She's 16 months, so she's getting a big brother.

#2 will be called Andrew Lee (btw, we also use their Korean names as middle names), and yes, Christmas will be GREAT!  Hadn't really thought about that until you said it.  

Is there a way to post pics here?  They are both gorgeous (I can say that, since I'm not biologically responsible, and therefore don't have to be humble  [smiley=wink3.gif])

Tielhard de Chardin

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2003, 11:04:57 PM »
Ooooh this will be fun Beth.  Yes soon you can post picture in a new area that Leah is setting up and Trish will moderate.  It will be perfect for this.  

One of my sisters in law is Japanese.  They use Japanese middle names for all the kids except their son who is a junior.  We have a Miyuki, Chiemi and Kiyo.

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2003, 08:18:41 PM »
Well, l made these cookies today and what can l say!! YUMMY!!! But now l have to find friends to pawn them off on because there are soooooo many!!!

Thanks for sharing this recipe Karen!! They are great!

*Thread hijack!*
Probably this week we will have the pic forum going. Watch the forum for updates!!! *End Hijack*  :-*

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2003, 09:13:46 PM »
Well, l made these cookies today and what can l say!! YUMMY!!! But now l have to find friends to pawn them off on because there are soooooo many!!!

Freeze'em!  Then you'll have some next time you're craving one. ;)

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2003, 05:16:01 PM »
Ohhhh Elle what a great idea.  I never thought of that before.  No wonder I'm on a freaken diet now! lol

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab