Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ::)Back to School Shopping  (Read 1279 times)

::)Back to School Shopping
« on: August 30, 2003, 02:57:22 PM »
You'd think that with having uniforms, the back to school shopping would be a breeze, but my children seem to be able to be able to make it very complicated.  I must have looked at 4000 pencil cases yesterday!  It's a pencil case! Just get one!  But no, we can't have one that everyone else would have, yet it needs be one that everyone else WANTS.   ::)  Same thing with folders and fountain pens and pencils.  And don't even get me started on PE shorts-those are BOYS' shorts.  I'm completely worn out.  

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
Re:  ::)Back to School Shopping
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 08:24:28 PM »
Ahhh, back to school shopping,. I was always envious of the public school kids because they got to wear their own clothes. I went to a private school (with uniforms) from age 5 to 15. My parents broke down and let me go to public school my last 2 years of HS and I got to wear my own clothes!!!!!!!!

Did mucho shopping at H&M last week for my upcoming Uni year. So much fun. LOVE to shop
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2003, 02:49:19 PM »
Did mucho shopping at H&M last week for my upcoming Uni year. So much fun. LOVE to shop

Shouldn't you be packing, missy? ;)

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2003, 01:47:06 AM »
LOL, yup, I should be!!! It's truly sad, I have suitcases full of clothing... I need to make room for toiletries and a few books and cd's. Thats about all Im taking. I cant imagine how people deal with moving an actual home and if they have kids too!

As far as school supplies go (notebooks, pens, etc.) I figured Id buy them over there...

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2003, 09:38:19 AM »
Ny-2-UK :) !

Are you going to the uni in England again? How did you manage to work it out?! (Lol I could always use the inspiration! ;) )

cheers to you,

Samantha***

Ps. I was always jealous of private school kids who got to wear uniforms...they always seemed more dignified and of course wearing one got rid of petty social issues around fashion.

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2003, 09:16:20 PM »
Rez,

Yup! Moving to England on Wed. My little story is under "chit chat."  :-*

• From Texas to North Yorkshire
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 05:09:16 PM »
Ahhh, back to school shopping,. I was always envious of the public school kids because they got to wear their own clothes. I went to a private school (with uniforms) from age 5 to 15. My parents broke down and let me go to public school my last 2 years of HS and I got to wear my own clothes!!!!!!!!

HAHA...I used to be jealous of the private school kids cos they got to wear uniforms!  I was in elementary school when Guess jeans and Esprit crap was really popular...I hated that stuff and I'd rather have thrown on a plaid skirt and a button-up shirt.   8)

Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private schools, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and the state forever separated. -- Ulysses S. Grant

Sponsored Links