Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: First shoes  (Read 1191 times)

• My little cutie
  • Liked: 0
First shoes
« on: September 02, 2003, 01:56:06 PM »
I am having such a difficult time finding shoes for Juliona she has wide/short feet lol.....Clarks makes great first shoes but get this....Juliona is starting to walk ..so I want to get her walking shoes but they dont make shoes that small.  UGGHHH  :-/

Re: First shoes
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 01:59:54 PM »
I know what you mean, it's a different thinking here-they don't like to put on a hard soled shoe until they've been walking about six weeks.  Clarks does make some nice little soft soled walking shoe, have you tried those?  I know it's difficult when they start walking in the fall/winter and you need something to keep their little tootsies dry and warm.   :)

• My little cutie
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 02:06:53 PM »
Exactly her little feet are going to be really cold if I dont find some shoes for her soon,.....we are going to mothercare tonight and come hell or high water i will be walking out of there with a pair of shoes for her lol

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 06:02:42 PM »
My dd has wide feet as well (this is my husband's fault.  Nobody in *my* family has wide feet. ;D).  Hers are also very big...she is a size 7 1/2 now and has very high arches.
I've found a lot of places online that have wide toddler shoes.  If you enter that into a search engine, you'll find quite a few sites.  A lot of them cater to the wide-feet crowd, so they will likely have very small wide sizes as well.
We found dd's first shoes at Payless, but have had an awful time finding some elsewhere.  For summer she had a pair of sandals, the kind with the velcro straps across the top, so we could adjust them to fit, but she's outgrown them (we don't have to worry about cold feet here much, and certainly not for at least a couple more months.)
Good luck!

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2003, 07:29:36 PM »
I had the same problem with my younger son having short wide feet. Shoes were almost impossible to find for him. We called him Fred Flintstone because he had those same square feet..lol. :P

When my oldest son (now 16) was a baby my mom bought him some really expensive hard soled walking shoes but in my opinion he did better walking in the soft ones or without shoes at all. And he outgrew the expensive ones so fast they weren't even worth the cost. :-/

Everyone kept telling me they needed the hard soled shoes to learn to walk "properly" but my sons both did just like every other baby I've ever seen with shoes or without....they started out walking on their tiptoes and then as they learned to balance they walked perfectly normal. The expensive hard soled shoes didn't seem to make a difference at all.

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2003, 09:45:56 PM »
I was back to school shoe shopping today and saw some REALLY cute baby walking shoes(soft soles but with non-skid things) in Adams.  Little Timberland boots and tiny sketchers if you don't have any luck in Mothercare.  They were much more fun to look at than black sensible school shoes.    ;)

• My little cutie
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2003, 01:11:03 PM »
Well I have found the ones I want for her now I just have to wait for them to get deilvered into the stores hopefully it will be this week...

• My little cutie
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2003, 01:27:49 PM »
YEAHHHHHHHH she has shoes.......at first she did not like them it was so cute after they were put on we stood her up and she would not move it was like she was frozen lol but she is up and moving on them now and dont seem to be bothering her!!!!!!

Sponsored Links