Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Best place to live in Scotland  (Read 1447 times)

• Born in the USA...but Scottish by blood
  • Liked: 0
Best place to live in Scotland
« on: September 04, 2003, 01:57:05 AM »
Hello everyone! I need your opinion...which town would you live in if you had to choose between Paisley, Ayr, and Dumpries, Scotland? Why? Thanks!  :)

Re: Best place to live in Scotland
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2003, 08:47:27 PM »
Hubby grew up in Scotland and we lived there for 9 LONGGGGG months before moving here to NI. I have been to all 3 of those places and l would have to say if l had to live there again it would be either Ayr or Dumfries. Nice open places, lots of great scenery!

• Liked: 1
Re: Best place to live in Scotland
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 02:10:39 PM »
I have to say that I lived in Glasgow for almost 2 years and while I never lived there Paisley didn't have a good reputation.  I worked there briefly and wasn't terribly impressed, but it does boast a beautiful abbey right at its heart that my brother in law just got married at, so perhaps it isn't that bad.

Kind of a funny side note about it.  There used to be a commercial on TV for a bedding store and it showed couples from all over the world having a 'good time' in their bed, but then there was a couple in bed supposedly from Paisley snoring away! :o  Suffice it to say that the people from Paisley went on the rampage in the papers to say what a fun loving group of people they really were! ;)
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab