Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Married in the UK  (Read 978 times)

• Liked: 0
Married in the UK
« on: September 06, 2003, 10:49:50 AM »
I am a US Citizen and my husband is a UK Citizen. At this time, I do not plan on staying here (although I would love to eventually), we're returning to Pennsylvania on September 15th. We were just married September 1st. Is there anything special we need to do since we're married to make sure it is recognized in the USA?

Re: Married in the UK
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 11:18:13 AM »
Hi Jolene, welcome and congratulations!

You don't need to do anything special.  Your marriage certificate is all the proof you need to show you are married.  

• From Texas to North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2003, 11:38:18 AM »
I am a US Citizen and my husband is a UK Citizen. At this time, I do not plan on staying here (although I would love to eventually), we're returning to Pennsylvania on September 15th. We were just married September 1st. Is there anything special we need to do since we're married to make sure it is recognized in the USA?

Hey, Jolene!  That's my favorite Dolly Parton song.

"I'm beggin of you please don't take my man...."
Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private schools, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and the state forever separated. -- Ulysses S. Grant

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2003, 03:57:17 PM »
Brilliant! Thank you :)

Hi Stacey :) I *loathe* that song ;D but it's ok hehe We just spent our honeymoon in North Yorkshire. Absolutely gorgeous.

In a small town called Langthwaite, and we road all around the area and even up to Hadrian's Wall. Visited Middleham Castle and Castle Bolton.  

« Last Edit: September 06, 2003, 04:00:07 PM by Jolene »

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2003, 06:32:34 PM »
Hi ya, Jolene!  Congrats on your wedding!  Hope it was great.  My hubby and I spent our honeymoon in York and we both really love it there.  What a great pic you posted!  Really must get back and visit there again.

Good luck in your move back to the US.  As elle said, your marriage certificate will be recognised so you don't need to do anything with that.  I'm sure you already know this but your hubby will need a visa to get back into the US to stay though.  I'm sure you've already sorted all that out tho!  Best of luck!  :)

• From Texas to North Yorkshire
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2003, 09:00:34 PM »
Brilliant! Thank you :)

Hi Stacey :) I *loathe* that song ;D but it's ok hehe We just spent our honeymoon in North Yorkshire. Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm not surprised...you've probably had people singing it to you all your life :-)

I'm just glad there hasn't been a huge country hit called "Stacey."   ;D
Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private schools, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and the state forever separated. -- Ulysses S. Grant

• Alabama to Lancashire
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2003, 12:35:57 PM »
My guy and I love to drive thru The Yorskhire Dales.  It is just gorgoeus!!  We went to Castle Bolton not long ago.  I never cease to be amazed at the beautiful moors and countryside in Yorkshire and also Lancashire where we live.  England countryside is so beautiful!!!  Don't you agree?  I would love to live in the US but Ken has a good job here and can't afford to give it up so I understand.  I have 3 grown children and 2 grandsons in the US, but I love this man like mad so here is where I want to stay. :)
~Janie

Sponsored Links