Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Do you like your GP?  (Read 2057 times)

Re: Do you like your GP?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 11:05:04 PM »
There are 6 partners at my surgery.  Two of them are women who I adore.  They are both really nice and caring.  There are two other doctors that I like and will gladly take the children to.  There's a fifth doctor who I don't especially like but I certainly trust him and he really came through when he caught and aggressively treated my daughters Bell's Palsey recently.  There's only one doctor there who I don't like or trust, but I don't ever go to see him, even in an emergency and that's never been a problem-I'm just polite and firm about it. 

Hmm, I think we go to the same surgery!!!  I really like my GP (Female) but she does not do as much as I like!  I like to talk, ask questions! She forgot to send a referral once and we had to wait total of 2 1/2 months.  This is for a paid appointment too!!!! NOT NHS! I went on an emergency appointment and I saw the second female, she listened!  Not sure if I can switch though!

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 07:49:48 AM »
I went on an emergency appointment and I saw the second female, she listened! Not sure if I can switch though!

Yes, you can.  It doesn't really matter who you're registered with.  Just make your appointments with the Dr. you want.   :)

• London Rollergirl
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2005, 02:51:12 PM »
I do but he won't return my phonecalls

;D
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2005, 12:55:47 PM »
Oi... well perhaps I'll be able to answer this later today, as this afternoon will be my first visit, and I'm quite nervous!
But I do like the fact, they told me they have a 'travel clinic' where you go in and tell them where you're going, and they set you up with what you need.  God willing, it won't be an enormous list of JABS.  ::)
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2005, 04:18:34 PM »
Well, they sneaked feckless twit GP on me the other day.  He's such a muppet.  He's about as useful as a chocolate teakettle and about as intelligent as one, too.  I told them that at the desk. 

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »
Oi... well perhaps I'll be able to answer this later today, as this afternoon will be my first visit, and I'm quite nervous!
But I do like the fact, they told me they have a 'travel clinic' where you go in and tell them where you're going, and they set you up with what you need.  God willing, it won't be an enormous list of JABS.  ::)

2 jabs, combining what I needed; and my asking too many questions meant I have to go back and have the other thing done on Monday.  But a very nice nurse (so haven't met actual doc yet), clean premises, friendly people.  I'm pleased.  8)
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

• London Rollergirl
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2005, 06:46:36 PM »
I think professionally I like our GP as he doesn't sluff off the concerns of his patients...My husband (after much nagging from me) went to see him and you know how guys are - they down play their health problems...Our GP pretty much told me if a under 30 is coming to my clinic complaining of something I take it seriously. He also discussed things with me (of course with consent from hubs  ;) ) ...yes, I've worked with him as a student nurse while on placement but he was addressing me as DH wife as sometimes your partner pays attention to minor details that make a big difference. Now for my daughter's GP ...that guy is a div...my DD had the beginnings of chicken pox (it was obvious) and he noted it as a skin allergy..  ::) he's also at another point in time assessed Jess of having Asthma ..it was Croup.. :P
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 06:58:15 PM by Alicia »
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005, 07:08:19 PM »
Just registered at a new surgery - there are about 6 or 7 doctors there and unless you ask for a specific one you just get to see whoever. I took Ethan in to see someone earlier in the week - had no idea who to ask for so it was pot luck and the doctor we got couldn't have been nicer or more professional.

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2005, 01:02:36 PM »
I really like my new GP.  He is kind and caring and interested in how you feel and in what you are concerned about.  I just had a visit with him - this morning - because I was concerned about being exposed to the chicken pox (I'm pregnant), and the fact that I have had the chicken pox TWICE (I know you're not supposed to be able to do that, but, hey, I'm very unusual - we all know this) worries me that I may have no antibodies to it (I have a weak immune system anyway)...he listened to me, with interest, and scheduled me for blood work to see if I am immune or not.   I'm very pleased to have gotten the doctor I have.
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2005, 04:52:59 PM »
Well, they sneaked feckless twit GP on me the other day.  He's such a muppet.  He's about as useful as a chocolate teakettle and about as intelligent as one, too.  I told them that at the desk. 

Are you sure we don't have the same doctor.  I haven't seen mine in years.  I always ask to go see on the lady doctors.  She is really nice and actually takes the time to listen.

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2005, 01:26:16 PM »
I haven't registered at my new surgery but I didn't like my old doctor.  She was nice enough and this might sound petty.  She has this *thing* about her that really bothered me....sorry this is a bit petty...when she talks - she gets an accumulation of spit around the corners of her mouth...drove me mad!

Although I *love* the family planning lady that I see.  She gives you plenty of time and you never seem rushed.
Never criticize a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes....that way you are a mile a way - and you have his shoes....

• Part of the Copthorne Massive!
    • website
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2005, 10:52:20 PM »
I have met my GP only once, and he didn't strike me as being very personable. On the upside, his name is Ian Anderson so whenever I see him the first few cords of Aqualung go off in my head and I smile.

Apparently he has six kids, so he's probably too exhausted to smile!

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2005, 10:56:11 PM »
My GP is OK for some things, not for others. I have had difficulty getting her to take me serious on some things. It took me a year to get her to refer me to a GYN even though I was having problems. I have had a problem with foot pain since I moved here and she just told me "these things happen as we get older" (I was only 36 at the time!).
I would really like to find another in the area but I don't even know if that's possible. There seems to be a limited number around here.
Melinda

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2005, 03:35:39 AM »
Although its not a GP, I had a midwife that I disliked and I changed to a new one. She is a extremely rude person. Dale came with me to one of the first appointments I had, and being a first time dad, he obviously had a lot of questions about pregnancy,the baby and etc. But when he asked his questions, she made him sound and feel like an idiot, and she told him off for asking questions during the appointment because according to her "If he waits until the appointment is over ,he would have his answer"
..I could see the fury building up in Dale, so I had to give him my mobile and told him to go outside and call a taxi. It took everything I had not to tell her where to go and what to do with herself once she gets there.
That obviously was my first and last appointment with her..  The one I have now is great though. Any questions me,Dale or any of his other family asks she answers in detail ;D .
Its awful if someone has to go to a GP or midwife that they dread going to, I'd really hate living in a small town with only 1 option.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 03:38:17 AM by EnglandsYank »

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2005, 07:41:51 AM »
Just went to mine for the first time Monday and she was super!  Really listened to me and discussed things with me, told me what hours she takes calls etc.  And the receptionist was nice too (which is a change from the first place I tried to register!).
Maroon Passport Club!

Sponsored Links