Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Has anyone used an expedition agent to apply?  (Read 576 times)

• Liked: 0
Has anyone used an expedition agent to apply?
« on: June 30, 2005, 09:30:56 PM »
Hi everyone, this is our first post here. Thanks to you all for having such an informative site, I must say that its a great comfort to know we arent the only couple going through all this. So many questions hehe.

Anyway, my lovely fiancee and I are about to apply for a fiancee visa to settle over here in the UK, currently we are just collating all the paperwork we need. Given that we are both the impatient type we are considering using an expeditor to make our application in person for us at the LA consulate, rather than wait on the postal application.  Im in the UK, and Cathy is in Seattle so getting to LA to apply in person is tricky.

Has anyone here had any experience of this, and if so please let us know how you got on.

Cheers

Stu

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
Re: Has anyone used an expedition agent to apply?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 10:09:44 PM »
Hello and welcome to UKY!  :)

The fiance visa is normally very straightforward and you needn't go to the consulate to get it.  I did mine by post and it only took a matter of weeks.  (And would have been faster if they didn't have to ask for additional information.)  Plus, there is a very, very high rate of approval for fiance visas, so you really don't have anything to worry about there. 

I think paying someone to expidite or help with this type of visa would be a waste, personally.  It's straightforward, simple, and very quick - even by post.

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 10:11:29 PM »
I hand delivered my documents, then had them returned via post with a visa in my passport within 7 days.  That was with a public holiday in between.  Postal applications don't seem to take *that* long.  Unless you have an unusual case, I shouldn't think a two week turn around would be impossible.
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

• finally home
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 07:36:25 PM »
I can tell you from experience with the la embassy that they may require a in person interview (not sure if its still stated on site or not.)
the expedition sites that offer there services, i havent dealt with them personally but seems to me they may be usefull in complicated case only.

personally i would have the application sent either signed for priority mail or fed ex (which i believe the embassy uses)
Just make sure that you provide everything and more
off the top of my head here
details of wedding...... date, place etc... (i even had picture of wedding ring)
proof you have met i.e. pictures
letters and emails  altho they didnt seem to take much notice in my interview still have them
seems the main concern was (sure its with everyone ) that you both have enough funds to support yourselfs
oh and both your passports and birth certificates

good luck on getting visa

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 08:06:24 PM »
Thanks very much for your advice guys, we have taken it on board. Do hope we dont need an interview though, long way to go for the both of us.

Much appreciated. We have a few more questions, but will start some new threads with them

Cheers again

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab