Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bringing two cats to the UK  (Read 1354 times)

• Liked: 0
Bringing two cats to the UK
« on: July 16, 2005, 06:46:37 AM »
I understand the PETS requirements and this will not be a problem. My question is housing. We would like to rent/let before making a decision to buy and also this will give us some time to save a bit more. It seems that most of the flats that I see for rent in apartment listings state "no pets". Leaving our two cats here in Sweden is not an option for us and I even took one of them with me from the US. They are my babies and I can't leave them, I just can't. So how do those of you with pets rent a flat? Are there places that allow them with an extra deposit or so?

The areas that we are looking into are northern England and Scotland.
I'm an American (with dual citizenship) living in Stockholm, Sweden for almost 6 years.

My Swede and I are looking towards a future move to the UK.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Bringing two cats to the UK
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 08:34:34 AM »
I don't know much about northern England or Scotland, but it seems to me that you might have better luck there than in London. City flats seem to be more restrictive about pets. I rent a small cottage in a little country village, and there was no problem with me bringing my cat. I wish you all the best -- I felt exactly as you did: not having my cat with me was just not an option!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 09:29:28 AM »
We had an awful time getting a flat in Edinburgh w/our two moggies.  We turned down flats when they came back w/'no pets'.  And no, they wouldn't let you pay an extra deposit. 

I'd suggest NOT going thru big letting agents - try newspapers and small law firms acting as letting agents.  We found this flat thru a newspaper addy and have cat-friendly landlords.  But it took a while.

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 11:17:01 AM »
We rented for awhile, and we have a greyhound.   I phoned up Countrywide, which is one of the  big letting agents around Edinburgh/area...  I asked them to show us *ONLY* flats which would accept dogs, and they came back to me with a list of about 12 flats, which i thought was pretty good.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab