Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Excellent Mexican restaurant found in SW London!!  (Read 974 times)

• Liked: 0
Excellent Mexican restaurant found in SW London!!
« on: September 13, 2003, 01:27:23 AM »
Mexifresh on Sheen Lane, opposite Mortlake BR station (very close to Richmond).

I went there with a Californian friend earlier today and the food was excellent. My friend says it's just like Baja Fresh back in LA. I had a steak burrito which was DELICIOUS!  :P

They're opening a second branch in Wimbledon very soon.

• Liked: 2
Re: Excellent Mexican restaurant found in SW Londo
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 12:14:06 AM »
Wow great news, sounds worth checking out. Thanks! :)

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 02:46:50 PM »
Oohh, that *is* cool to hear! Will definitely be needing to go and *ahem* research this, simply for scientific and data collecting purposes, of course.  ;)  We've also found YUMMMY Mexican right near Covent Garden station (1st side street you come to, after exiting the station and crossing the street towards M&S) and the TexMex at the Texas Embassy, near Trafalgar Square.  *drools* make me a VERY happy camper! ;D

~Christa

• California Dreamin'
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 05:58:52 PM »
Ooh ooh!  :)

I went to Mexi Fresh a couple weeks ago and can report that this is as good as Mexican food gets here folks! It is very similar to Baja Fresh or La Salsa, if you're familiar with these, and I was most impressed with the fresh guacamole and salsa choices.

I'm Mexican-American and therefore pretty choosy, plus I'm a vegetarian so it's sometimes hard to find enough choice. But I LOVED the burrito I had there! Nothing fancy, but good, fresh and spicy ingredients...yummy!

The funniest part? They had Oreos and Reese's cups available at the counter for dessert choices! There had to be an American behind this whole place...hehe!
Cake or death? Cake please!

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 11:27:59 PM »
But the real question -- did they have some nice cheese dip / queso as an appetiser?  I miss that so much!

(Bruin -- Nice signature -- I LOVE Eddie.  

"Cake or death?"  ...
 "Uh... cake please!"  
 "Well we're outta cake! We only had three bits, and we didn't expect such a rush. So what do ya' want?"  
 "So my choice is 'or death'?"

Cracks me up every time.
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2003, 11:20:10 AM »
Oh if you happen to be in London..by Gloucester tube station is The Lone Star grill (?) a 'Tex/Mex'
type restaurant..very popular with American tourists..My husband and I ate there a couple of times..ehhhhhhh...ok.. they do make a lovely huge frozen Margarita...but I have had better mex food in the US...

• California Dreamin'
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2003, 04:44:46 PM »
(Sorry for this upcoming threadjack, but I promise I will get to the topic at hand in a sec...)  ;)

Hey Collington...first...LOVE LOVE LOVE Eddie!!  ;D

When I first saw "Dress to Kill" on HBO in the States, I was in hysterics for DAYS. ("Death, death, death, LUNCH. Death, death...") Did you know he's on tour all over the UK in December (unfortunately most of the dates are sold out but I'm still trying!)?

Anywho...
I happen to have the Mexi Fresh menu here (I know, I'm a major dork, but it's not like it's my bedtime reading or anything). Sorry to say there isn't any queso dip, but they do have nachos, if that helps at all.

In case anyone was interested, they are only open from 5:30pm until about 10:00 and offer the following:
Tacos (looks like they're all the "soft taco" variety)
Burritos
Nachos
Tostada
Salad
Quesadilla
Taquitos
Rice and bean sides (black or pinto beans)
Ben & Jerry's
Reese's
Oreos
Soft Drinks
Beers
Wine

They deliver if you're in the East Sheen or Wimbledon area (jeez...I'm starting to sound like I work for the place or something). I'm starting to consider moving there for that alone...hehe!

I guess I was just so excited to have some good guacamole!

Hope that helps anyone interested...I shall shut up now.  ;)
Cake or death? Cake please!

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2003, 07:45:51 PM »
NO!  I didn't know that!  I knew he was starting his tour in the states the begining of this year and ending in Europe, but I didn't think he was at the end already!  OMG!  Why haven't I been paying more attention?? THIS IS TERRIBLE!  
[smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab