Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ulster American Folk Park  (Read 1255 times)

• Liked: 0
Ulster American Folk Park
« on: September 13, 2003, 02:52:48 PM »
Last weekend dh and I, along with another couple, went to the Ulster American Folk Park for a bluegrass festival.  What a fantastic place!  It's a little bit like Silver Dollar City in Missouri, minus the rides and shops. It tells the story of the Irish migration to the States, along with showing how people lived during that time.  The bluegrass festival is held yearly but they have special events throughout the year.  

One of the nicest things about last weekend, however, was meeting Trish & Jerry.  Thanks again for your hospitality, we had a great time!!  Its always such a blessing to meet up with the family!

Re: Ulster American Folk Park
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2003, 03:56:52 PM »
:-* Thanks Barbara, We had a wonderful time too! What great fun we had! It's funny, this time last week you were here!  :)

I have lived here a year now and l still haven't been to the park. Sheesh, l keep telling tourists what a wonderful place it is and l still haven't been!! lol

Glad you had a wonderful time there!

• Now powermomof4!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »
Trish, I've heard they have an excellent Halloween festival at the Ulster American Folk Park. My family will be visiting then so we're heading to that. Maybe you should come check that out!
IL/IA to Australia to Northern Ireland

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2003, 09:17:24 PM »
ooh, yes, go to that,,,they've got these wonderful pumpkins growing right now and they'll use them for pumpkin pies, pumpkin bread and of course, jack o' laterns.  and they'll give away what they don't use!

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2003, 09:23:53 PM »
LOL Trish you can bring those pumpkin cookies.  Introduce something new to the festival.  Wouldn't that be so cool!  My cookies winning a prize in another country!  Yeah I know I didn't make up the recipe but I'm dreaming here!  

Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2003, 09:34:16 PM »
LOL Trish you can bring those pumpkin cookies.  Introduce something new to the festival.  Wouldn't that be so cool!  My cookies winning a prize in another country!  Yeah I know I didn't make up the recipe but I'm dreaming here!  

Great idea, but if l make and bake them wouldn't they be MY cookies then??  ;)
Need good chocolate chips though, these chips here suck!! hehe!

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 04:42:01 PM »
awww poor thing.  Well yes I suppose I could share the credit with you!  Just let me know Trish I am sending you a package this week.  If you need chips, I'll be happy to add them in.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab