Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Directions in Glasgow  (Read 1284 times)

• Liked: 0
Directions in Glasgow
« on: July 22, 2005, 07:54:01 PM »
On what side ( north, east west, etc) is Renfrew street located in Glasgow?

~mandy

Re: Directions in Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 08:00:25 PM »
Renfrew Street is in the city centre!
Vaguely north of centre, but not considered North Glasgow...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 08:02:20 PM by otterpop »

• Baa!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 08:01:44 PM »
Why do you ask, Mandy?  Is there someplace specific you're trying to locate?
"Anyone who burns his backside must himself sit upon it." - Scottish Gaelic Proverb

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 08:35:43 PM »
Well I am beginning to start the process of moving over to Scotland( with my parents blessing! FINALLY!!!!) the school I wish to attend is on renfrew street, naturally I want the closest apartment to my school. But none of the online maps really help me:(

Thanks to everyone who answered!

BTW I'll be in Glasgow the second week of October!!!
( not moving in of course, just visiting)
~Mandy

• Baa!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 08:45:26 PM »
Well I am beginning to start the process of moving over to Scotland( with my parents blessing! FINALLY!!!!) the school I wish to attend is on renfrew street, naturally I want the closest apartment to my school. But none of the online maps really help me:(

Thanks to everyone who answered!

BTW I'll be in Glasgow the second week of October!!!
( not moving in of course, just visiting)
~Mandy

Mandy, is it the Glasgow School of Art? 
"Anyone who burns his backside must himself sit upon it." - Scottish Gaelic Proverb

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 08:50:22 PM »
No, it's the royal scottish academy of music and drama...I'm going over to study theater

• Baa!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 08:59:49 PM »
No, it's the royal scottish academy of music and drama...I'm going over to study theater

Oh right, cool!  I know just where that is, I've driven past it many times.  I think you're going to find that a lot of apartments in the city centre will be quite expensive rent-wise.  When I lived in Glasgow, I lived in Pollokshields, which is a fairly nice area.  This area, as well as Shawlands, are quite popular for students as the rent is a bit more reasonable.  So, if your college does not have student housing available, this is probably your best bet.  Public transportation is very reliable, and only takes about 10 minutes by bus or underground from the areas I described. 

There may be an area at the college where students post if they need a flatmate, like bulletin boards.  Also, you might want to try something like Craig's List's Glasgow site.  I don't know if CL has caught on in the UK as much as it has in the US, but it might be worth a gander closer to the time.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 09:31:47 PM »
My Brother in Law attends the Academy.  He lived in the city centre, but the only way he could afford it was because he has a special voice type and get money thrown at him left, right and centre.  The west end is also very, very studenty, but not as cheap as the south side (Pollokshields, Shawlands).
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

• Liked: 12
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 04:33:02 PM »
I know exactly where that is, I walk up Renfrew street every single day. I'm looking at flats myself now. That's cool you're going to RSAMD. I went to GSA this past year, but because of problems with a few professors in a not very well managed department, I'm switching out. The rest of the school is good though.
Plans on hold 'cuz Brexit

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 06:57:55 PM »
Yeah, I have found a few flats I might like. Sorry about the whole professor thing, where are you switching too?

Sponsored Links