Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What would you "like to know" about the next poster....  (Read 376826 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: What would you "like to know" about the next poster....
« Reply #11820 on: September 13, 2013, 10:42:16 AM »
Where's your favourite holiday/vacation spot?

The one I haven't been to yet.  :P Bonus if it involves friends and trying new / good food!  ;D

Did you do anything to mark finishing school and what did you do?

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #11821 on: September 13, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »
High school?  I think I may have gone out to dinner with my family after graduation, that's it.  There were a few graduation parties which I went to, but didn't have one myself.

What was your favorite part of summer vacation when you were a kid?
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

• Liked: 9
« Reply #11822 on: September 16, 2013, 04:34:29 AM »
The endless hours of being able to decide, within reason, what we wanted to do. Sure, we had a few chores, but overall we were allowed to make decisions  and didn't have a lot of time restrictions .

Where did you go the first time you were allowed to drive somewhere, without someone in the car with you?
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

« Reply #11823 on: September 16, 2013, 07:32:24 PM »
Never. I don't drive.

What is your work commute?

• Liked: 585
« Reply #11824 on: September 16, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »
25 minutes by car.

What did you have for breakfast today?

• Liked: 3
« Reply #11825 on: September 16, 2013, 08:25:29 PM »
A cinnamon and raison British muffin (that's Trader Joe's tongue in cheek name for them) with peanut butter and banana, plus a cup of coffee.

Is anyone annoying you right now (not on here, just in life!)?

« Reply #11826 on: September 17, 2013, 02:50:44 AM »
Our downstairs neighbours seem to just live LOUD all the time. It is nothing we can really complain about, but doing dishes and cooking seem to require banging things around, closet doors and all drawers are shut loudly. How much force does it take to shut a drawer? The tv is always loud enough to hear, but not loud enough to warrant saying something. When she is on the phone we hear every word. Otherwise we don't hear anyone talking. That much makes a change. I suppose it would be different if it was something we could talk to them about and try to resolve, but it is just a collection of nitpicky annoyances.

How often do you deep clean your house?

“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• Y'all watch out! Here I come.
« Reply #11827 on: September 18, 2013, 02:48:16 PM »
Pretty much every week, as I have OCD. It's hard with kids, though, and I get overwhelmed when I'm cleaning constantly, so I limit 'the great toy pick-up and sweep floors' to about every other day, and concentrate all the major cleaning and laundry into one day [thursdays].  Usually by then I'm going so mental that I have to deep clean. It's about a 16 hour day.

What's the craziest thing you do?
4 December 2005--Met in ATL, Moved in together
July 2006--First visit to the UK, met his Mum
Feb 2007--Eloped and told everyone we were engaged ;)
May 2007--Wedding, Part 1 in Pine Mountain, GA;
Sept 2007--Wedding, Part 2 in Scarborough, UK
Nov ‘08–1st Child
May ‘10–2nd Child
June 2013--Decided to move to the UK!
July 2013-Jan 2016–family tragedies. Delayed move
April ‘15–3rd Child
2019...planning again
January 2022–applying for visa!
Goal: Get Eldest in UK school by year 9!
Hopefully moving to Malvern June 2022

• On an Irish adventure, on the West coast of Clare!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #11828 on: September 18, 2013, 03:14:25 PM »
Pretty much every week, as I have OCD. It's hard with kids, though, and I get overwhelmed when I'm cleaning constantly, so I limit 'the great toy pick-up and sweep floors' to about every other day, and concentrate all the major cleaning and laundry into one day [thursdays].  Usually by then I'm going so mental that I have to deep clean. It's about a 16 hour day.
Oh, wow; that's no fun.  :(

What's the craziest thing you do?
I joke at work and say I'm a bit OCD, (but really I'm not) as I tidy up as I go and tidy up around people, sometimes putting stuff away that they (or I) am still using.

What do you do to de-stress?
Met husband-to-be in Ireland July 2006
Married October 2007
Became a British citizen 21 July 2011
Separated from husband August 2014
Off on an Irish adventure October 2014

« Reply #11829 on: September 18, 2013, 03:33:04 PM »
I joke at work and say I'm a bit OCD, (but really I'm not) as I tidy up as I go and tidy up around people, sometimes putting stuff away that they (or I) am still using.

What do you do to de-stress?

Some of us who are diagnosed OCD or other anxiety disorders get miffed about people who really aren't calling themselves OCD, but I'm not bothered about it. It is a serious and sometimes crippling disorder, but it has it's uses! I'm super organized and my kids know where everything is because it always goes back and it's probably labeled ;)

I do Yoga, have sex, or have a cup of tea [sometimes, in that order, it will knock me straight out, which is an awesome remedy for insomnia].  Reading and watching TV only succeed in sucking me in and keeping me up late, so I wouldn't call those contributing to 'de-stressing', although they work for DH ;)

Do you have a garden?  What's it like?
Nov ‘08–1st Child
May ‘10–2nd Child
April ‘15–3rd Child
2019...planning again

« Reply #11830 on: September 20, 2013, 12:08:40 PM »
Yes. It's a mess. I don't want to talk about it. I want to get our willow tree cut down....  ;) :-\\\\ :-[

What's your favourite day of the week and why?

• Makeup Guru & Anglophile
« Reply #11831 on: November 03, 2013, 08:34:54 PM »
Saturdays.. I actually get to sleep in and it's the weekend :)

Do you know any other language other than English? Are you fluent?

Met at 2012 London Olympics| Engagement 4-25-13| Married 7-30-13| Hired immigration lawyer 9-13 (waste of time)| Applied for Spousal Visa online 12-27-13| Biometrics completed 1-2-14| Spousal & dependent visas submitted 1-10-14| Application is being processed email 1-13-14| Decision has been made email 1-21-14| Received approved visas 1-24-14| Arrived in London 3-9-14 YAY!!

• Liked: 82
« Reply #11832 on: November 04, 2013, 04:09:09 PM »

Do you know any other language other than English? Are you fluent?

Studied french and Spanish in middle school and high school and Italian in university.
I can order food, ask for directions and have basic convos in spanish and italian, I can read and write spanish better than I speak it.  French is gone except for a few choice phrases ;)  Also does scouse count as a language.....it sure sounds like it sometimes.

What is your favorite childhood memory?

« Reply #11833 on: November 04, 2013, 05:05:52 PM »
Blizzard of March 1993. I was 13 and we had White out conditions in West Georgia.  Also, because the snow was pretty wet, it really turned our valley into a magical winter wonderland, with lots of ice covering the trees. We'd had snow before, but this was by and far the best.  We lost power, but I grew up on a rural farm, so we had a fireplace, a wood burning heater, and a real working wood burning stove in the kitchen.  Mama and I made Soup and Chili for all of our neighbors, along with biscuits and cornbread. Then we took the 4x4 and delivered everything, along with karosene space heaters we had sitting in the barn to those who we knew didn't have fireplaces.  It was three days of something completely different.  On the second day, my cousins and I went out and build massive snow men and snow forts, then took the atv out along the trails to see what the woods looked like. Then later, after my Dad and Uncle got back from helping the county to clear trees off the main roads, they took us for a twilight ride over the top of the mountain.  While we were looking out over the valley, seeing our homes lit only with fires and candlelight, it started to snow again in big half-dollar sized flakes.  It was just so beautiful and wonderful.

Have you ever had to 'wing it' for more than two days without power in the winter?  How did you manage?
Nov ‘08–1st Child
May ‘10–2nd Child
April ‘15–3rd Child
2019...planning again

• Liked: 223
« Reply #11834 on: November 05, 2013, 07:58:51 PM »
Have you ever had to 'wing it' for more than two days without power in the winter?  How did you manage?

I lived in a really remote village for a year - no phones, no internet, only a few computers.  We made our own power from a hydroelectric power plant and in the winter, the power regularly went out.  I was on the hydro restart team 3 days every month so if the power went off at night, I had a little box that made the most annoying sound if it didn't have power flowing to it.  I'd have to go out with my teammate and restart the plant.  One of us would stay in the village and monitor the power and the other had to hike out a mile (in knee-deep snow) to the plant.  It was generally fun, but I remember the night before Easter we just could NOT keep the power on.  :P  We had to get help from the village operations manager and my teammate and I were exhausted.  But it was memorable.

What's your favourite holiday?
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab