Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving Money from the US to the UK  (Read 2734 times)

• The Two Crabs
  • Liked: 0
Re: Moving Money from the US to the UK
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 04:46:53 PM »
We're moving in 6 days. Woo hoo!

I used to bank with Suntrust. But I've since moved all our money into a new account at Bank of America, which has a recriprocal agreement with Barklays Bank in UK that allows you to withdraw money at any Barklays ATM without a fee. That way, you can withdraw money from your BOA account from any Barclays ATM and then deposit that cash into your UK bank without any fee (not counting any currency exchange hit).

But if you are trying to move a large amount of money, the downside is you can only withdraw the maximum daily limit per transaction, which I think is 500 pounds.

------------------------

www.twocrabs.com - A wanderlust American couple living in London and exploring the world...one pub at a time!

*Washington, D.C. to London, 22 August 2005.*

• Liked: 0
Re: Moving Money from the US to the UK
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2005, 11:41:36 AM »
well- i just transferred my life savings from the US to the UK using a currency exchange company: Custom House Currency Exchange.  It was pretty hassle free.  I called them, told them what I wanted to do.  They faxed me a registration forms etc.  I had to fax a copy of my passport, recent utility bill, and proof of UK house offer having been accepted.  I was then registered.  Then yesterday I transferred the money from my USA bank to their USA Bank.  Then this morning they transferred it to their UK Bank (now in Sterling), and into my UK Bank.  This afternoon it's floating on the electronic banking highway to my solicitors.  The company had a fair sell vs. buy ratio and I got a much better deal than what Schwab (my USA Bank) or Natwest (my UK Bank) would have charged me. still an anxious process- transferring money and crossing fingers that it appears...
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

Sponsored Links