Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Dual Citizenship Experience  (Read 1672 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Dual Citizenship Experience
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2005, 08:30:33 PM »
Finally we have heard from the Consulate! My wifes application has been accepted. Now we have to go to the Consulate in Chicago and attend the pledge ceremony. It took 8 months and 3 days. I guess Washington messed up somewhere and the application had to be sent back a few times. Anyways, thanx for all who have been helpful. It's nice to be able to learn about others' experiences.

• Does my bum look big in this?
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2005, 08:34:02 PM »
Congrats!  :)
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 02:31:08 AM »
Yes, congrats. 
Just be sure you make it to the office in Chicago.  There is a time limit - I think it is called the 'poll date' or the 'pole date'.  It is the date from the Home Office in Liverpool and the ceremony has to be completed within 60 days.  Problem is, the Chicago office only does the ceremony on the first Wednesday of every month.  We were just there a couple of weeks ago.  In our case, the paperwork got held up in D.C. and most of our 60 days had expired!  We were not able to make it to the once-a-month ceremony.  Some pleading was necessary to get a private ceremony. 

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 04:53:45 AM »
Congrats Johnnie!  That is good news!

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 12:35:21 PM »
Congrats Johnnie! I'm sure now you are both breathing a bit easier!

Congrats again!!  ;D
Make an effort to learn something new at every opportunity

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab