Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How long did it take for you to get your visa back when Fed-Exing?  (Read 631 times)

• Liked: 0
I ask because on one of my other posts, someone said it might be 2 weeks, and 2 weeks is exactly the amount of time we have before we are due to fly back...we can always change our plane tickets if we have to, but we don't want the hassle if we can avoid it, and I thought 2 weeks was going to be ample time for them to get it back to us, since they say 10 working days on their site and I've read that people have received it back in as little as 7 or 8 days.  If anyone has gone through the LA consulate specifically, it would really help to know.  Thanks! 

Re: How long did it take for you to get your visa back when Fed-Exing?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »
Ooh I just thought of another problem.  Will they fed'ex husband's passport back along with mine, or will they just mail it back with all the documentation?  If not, we might not get it back in time for our flight!

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 07:43:37 PM »
I FedExed my stuff to the  NY Consulate via FedEx on a Thursday afternoon, the following Tuesday I had my visa, along with all the documents I had sent, including my husband's passport - they sent it all together.
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 08:01:18 PM »
It seems like I'm getting the sense that the LA consulate is slower AND they don't email you notifications...makes me wish I could send my to NYC.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 09:30:06 PM »
Unfortunately, you cannot chose which consulate you want to apply to.  Wherever you live will determine the jurisdiction.

For me, I applied August 1st, LA consulate received my stuff the next day August 2nd.  Got the fed ex package August 10th.  No confirmations were given whatsoever, LA does not have the time to do this.
An American Werewolf in London...............

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 11:24:36 PM »
For me it has now been 6 business days since the LA office received the FedEx package. Once I receive it I will let you know. In the meantime, stay cool and trust that the outcome and the timing will be in your favor.

• Forever Autumn
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 09:36:13 AM »
I wonder why the LA consulate sends the visa and documents seperately.   ???    Seems silly, and a waste, doesn't it? 

Oh, well....anyway...  I hope all goes well with you and they move quickly for you.
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 04:52:18 PM »
So they do send the visa and documents seperately?  How much longer after you received the visa did the documents arrive?  I wonder if I could call or email or include a note in our application to please send the 2 passports back together? 

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 04:59:11 PM »
Fed-Ex is good, just depends on when the consulate sends you everything......from the time it was given to Fe-ex to when we physically received my wife's visa when we lived there was less than 24 hours. (I  think all the consulates use them , no?)

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 04:31:40 AM »
I went through LA and got my visa and documents in the same package.   I had applied right before the 4th of July, so mine might have taken a bit longer due to the holiday (do British Consulate employees get the 4th of July off, even though it's an American holiday?  Just wondering....).  But it did take about 10-12 days from time of fed-ex'ing applicaiton/documents to receipt of visa/documents.  Mine was for a fiancee visa, maybe it takes longer than a marriage visa?

• Forever Autumn
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 11:40:57 AM »
(do British Consulate employees get the 4th of July off, even though it's an American holiday?  Just wondering....). 

Probably do.  After all, we're American and we get British holidays off here.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab