Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Entry Clearance visa  (Read 453 times)

• Liked: 0
Entry Clearance visa
« on: August 29, 2005, 05:03:24 PM »
Can anyone tell me their experience in obtaining the entry clearance visa...  I am waiting to receive my work permit in order to apply for the entry clearance, so I just want to do things right.  I have been reviewing the application and have a few questions:

I have the intentions of living in the UK for a year, in the application should I put that I want the visa for 1 year or 2 years just incase.

Do I need to have a flight before submitting the application?

And there is a question that states how long do you intend to stay, should I put a bit over year to be safe?

Any information anyone can provide me I would appreaciate...

Best Wishes,

Nidia

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: Entry Clearance visa
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 05:48:02 PM »
Your work permit approval will say how long your visa is valid for.  It should be 4-5 years, depending on your job's contract.  You don't decide how long your work permit is valid for, the Home Office does.  I don't recall having the option for staying 1-2 years on my FLR(IED) application but I applied from within the UK to change status.   If you leave your job, your visa expires 28 days after you stop work and so you'd have to leave the UK.

You should not book a flight before you submit your application.  You should wait until you get your visa in hand because if you are applying via post, it can take several weeks to get your visa approved.

Your employer didn't provide any of this information to you?
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab