Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Stressed about proof of finances. Pleeease help!  (Read 763 times)

• Liked: 0
Stressed about proof of finances. Pleeease help!
« on: August 29, 2005, 06:24:11 PM »
Okay, I’m having a bad day.  I’m getting seriously nervous about applying for my spousal visa.  I have about a month before I get married and about a months and a half before my fiancé (soon to be husband) fly up to NY to apply in person.

I’ve been gathering documents for months now, but I’m worried about proving our ability to support ourselves financially.  I have bank statements for six months (it’s me who is American, by the way, and him British), including a savings account with about $3000 in it, plus my 401(k) which will be about $4000.  His story is a bit different, however, and I’m really starting to stress.

He’s a builder and owns a Limited Company.  While this may sound good, it also means he has no letter from an employer stating he has full time work, what his pay is, etc.  He can produce tax records, bank records, pay stubs and invoices from jobs, etc., but considering the fact that he’s been in America so much the past year, these are going to look light.   He’s had an offer for work when he gets back after the wedding, but I don’t know if the firm will write him a letter saying this.

I don’t even know what my question is at this point.  Obviously I’ll see if we can get a letter from the firm.  Should we also see if his father (same type of job situation) will write a letter as my co-sponsor?  Would this help at all?  Would it do any good for my mother to write on as she’s in America?  Or his mother for that matter, who is in the UK, but still a Spanish citizen?  If any of these people do write letters, is that sufficient or do we need proof of their finances as well?  ARRRGGG!  Please help!

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
Re: Stressed about proof of finances. Pleeease help!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 07:57:54 PM »
First off, STOP STRESSING!  I know this is easier said, but, from my experience, I feel confident in telling you you really don't have to stress.  I had had no job (for two years), no bank account, and absolutely NO money of my own, and I got my visa.  Now, we did have Jamie's mother write a letter (with supporting bank statements) as my sponsor.  Jamie is an employee, so it was a bit different, as he isn't soley self-imployed (except when he does photography on the side, which he mentioned in his sponsor letter), but still, I think you have enough to satisfy them.  Have his father do the sponsor thing, if he is agreeable.  Your mother writing a letter won't be a help.

If they gave me a visa (with the severe lack of funds (and lack of proof of ever getting any), they will give you one. 
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 08:17:19 PM »
you'll be fine jenn, everyone in your position has been stressed as much as you are, Just bring his tax records, bank records, pay stubs and invoices from jobs showing he is self employed,there are plenty of self employed people in the UK, its not a bad thing. The money you have yourself is more then enough. Once you are married you are able to work in the UK so also produce you CV (resume)

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 01:38:05 PM »
Thanks for your supports guys.  Obviously some days are worse than others as far as stress levels and feeling everything is insurmountable.  Yesterday was one of those days for me.

I spoke to my fiance last night about just compiling everything he can possibly get his hands on for the last year concerning his job so I'll probably end up with a shoe box full of stuff I don't need.  However, I'd rather have it and not need it...

He also says he'll ask the firm who has offered him future employment to write him a letter, which hopefully will come about as he's worked for them before, knows the guy fairly well, and he (the head of the firm) also knows our situation.

Anyway, thanks again.  I'll try to take deeper breaths from now on.
 :)

Jenn

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab