Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How to show and tell a man you love him  (Read 3266 times)

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: How to show and tell a man you love him
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2005, 02:26:43 PM »

When I want to be with other men? He says, "Honey, it's okay." He loves me for it.

Uh.. I missed the beginning of this thread but seriously, no one wants to know about your open marriage.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2005, 02:35:08 PM »
Uh.. I missed the beginning of this thread but seriously, no one wants to know about your open marriage.

Well, I suppose there are some websites out there like that and for that.  But this ain't one of 'em . . .  ;).

Seriously, though, I like the idea of home baking. 

DH likes white bread - YUK! - but I always make him a loaf cuz bless his Scottish self, he likes it.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2005, 02:36:27 PM »
Yes I was going to suggest something similar - a home cooked meal, with candles on the table.  For the big present, I have no idea - a flight to the moon? I think you can buy those now can't you?

• An eagle swooped down from a semi-trailer
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »
Since he travels so much, why not buy him a jet, instead of a boat?

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2005, 02:41:39 PM »
Yes I was going to suggest something similar - a home cooked meal, with candles on the table. 

OT, but has anyone seen the new IKEA catalogue, the 2006 one?  FULL of lovely dinnerwear, cutlery, candleholders, and even the candles! 

A nice surprise might be one of their candle chandeliers that you install whilst he's away, then a meal by candlelight.

But with a nice clean house and no piles of washing laying about  ;)!

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2005, 02:43:03 PM »
But with a nice clean house and no piles of washing laying about  ;)!

You all are clean freaks.  ;) ;D
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2005, 02:49:11 PM »
True.  There are plenty of other places to share that - including PM.  Thank you both in advance for showing consideration for other members, some of whom may have young children viewing this.

ooophs...I didn't know kids were viewing this...

Age check.
"The artist is not a person endowed with free will who seeks his own ends, but one who allows art to realize its purposes through him. As a human being he may have moods and a will and personal aims, but as an artist he is 'man' in a higher sense - he is 'collective man', a vehicle and molder of the unconscious psychic life of mankind"
--Carl Jung

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2005, 02:51:14 PM »
ooophs...I didn't know kids were viewing this...

Age check.

Not just kids but also adults who feel that kind of discussion is a bit TMI for a board that's not related to sexual discussion topics, hence Leah's response. 

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2005, 02:54:07 PM »
Ok, Leah has stated her position, so let's keep the thread clean and on topic.  No more revelations or admonishments, please.  These things are best left to PMs.

Cheers
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

Sponsored Links