Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hi! Just a brief intro  (Read 883 times)

Hi! Just a brief intro
« on: October 06, 2003, 07:17:18 PM »
Hello!I've just joined this site and wanted to introduce myself.My husband,teenage son and I will be moving from the US(Georgia) to the UK in April.We have moved often with my husbands military career but this is the first major move since he retired and one we have planned for some time.

I'm an artist/writer and love crafts,cooking,music,exercise,genealogy,theater,gardening,decorating and reading.

I hope to make new friends here to help me with my new journey. :)

• Liked: 0
Re: Hi! Just a brief intro
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 07:20:22 PM »
Hi Rose, pleased to meet you.  I'm moving over in April too!  I'm moving to Wales.  Where abouts in the UK are you heading?  I love reading and cooking too.  What sorts of books do you read?  I think you'll find that this site will really help in your preparations.  Let us know what you need some help with.

Again Welcome.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 07:20:53 PM »
Welcome to the site yankeerose....was your husband stationed in the U.K or is it just some place you've always thought about living?

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 09:36:46 PM »
Hi Rose from a fellow person in GA.  Looks like you might be headed over right about the same time we are if not before.

Where abouts in GA are you and where are you moving too?  Sounds exciting.  Is your son cool about the move? Okay I know..lots of questions.  ;D

Well welcome aboard and I look forward to reading future posts!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 10:55:49 PM »
Hello Rose...  it is nice to meet you...  what part of the UK are you moving to?  

You will find a lot of valuable information here...  and plenty of good people.   Your hobbies are a lot of the same with mine... so I hope to talk to you some more soon...

might not see me around too much for the next couple months though, as I am preparing for my move to Northeast UK in November.

enjoy
Shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2003, 07:11:41 AM »
Thank you so much for such a warm welcome!To answer some of your questions..I'm from Savannah Ga but spent some time in London after high school(We want say how long ago that was!)My husband has roots in Melrose(the borders) and we have lived various places but England is the only place that has felt like home.My son is as excited as we are about it but will miss the US.

I have looked desperately for a site like this and am so glad that I found it!!I really look forward to being an active part of it.]

Oh! Someone asked what kind of books I read..EVERYTHING! I just love to read.

Thanks again :) :)

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2003, 07:29:08 AM »
Hi yankeerose...welcome to UKY. Good luck with the move and hope to see you posting more in the future. :)

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2003, 08:17:08 PM »
Hi Yankeerose, great to meet you!  What an exciting adventure you're about to embark upon.  :)

Your interests and hobbies sound very familiar!  In fact, there was nothing you listed there I don't enjoy too.  Hopefully when you get to London we'll be able to meet you sometime.  Until then, hope you can keep coming back and posting often!  :)

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2003, 05:02:55 PM »
Yay, another Georgian!  :D

How are things in Savannah atm?  Lol I was just thinking of there about an hour ago, and now I've found your post.  :)

This may sound like a weird question, especially since I don't know how long you've lived in the area, but did you ever hear of a bookstore called Castle Comics / Garden of Books?

;D
wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2003, 09:42:04 PM »
Hi! Savannah is hot,steamy,intoxicating,mysterious and wild..normal for Savannah! I don't recognize the book store but I've only lived here a short time.I actually grew up in Athens,Ga,went to London then married my American GI and moved everywhere.When he retired we moved to Savannah until we decided where we wanted to spend the rest of our lives..which leads to our move in April..hopefully our last.I will miss Georgia though!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab