Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visiting UK after marriage on Visitors Visa  (Read 620 times)

• Liked: 0
Visiting UK after marriage on Visitors Visa
« on: September 30, 2005, 05:34:27 AM »
ok a question or 3, which you guys may or may not be able to answer
my canadian fiancee and i (im a british citizen and passport holder) are getting married in canada at the end of october, right after the wedding we want to take our honeymoon in the UK, which we would plan to do on a visitors clearance, problem may arise as my fiancee still has a valid working holiday visa which we have been told will become null and void once we are married. so we are wondering if we will get any problems re-entering the uk on a temporary basis?
The marriage certificate issue time in canada is 6-8 weeks after 6-8 weeks processing time. so we want to spend that time in scotland, before coming back to canada to apply for her uk settlement.
any help appreciated

Re: Visiting UK after marriage on Visitors Visa
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 01:00:06 PM »
so on the honeymoon you're not attempting to settle in the UK?  am i right?  in theory you should be fine.  i would be safe and bring copy of marriage certificate, letter from both your employers saying that you have jobs and will be returning to them after honeymoon, and return tickets. 
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 11:02:11 PM »
no we plan to go back to canada, and apply for uk settlement once the marriage cert is issued as thats all thats holding us up. i cant work in canada as im on a visitors visa.
we might have to wait till feb till marriage cert is issued and then go back to the uk on the settlement visa

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 08:56:46 AM »
you may be questioned at immigration.  they may search your bags and try and find proof that you're settling etc.  but i think what you're trying to do is legal.  have a great honeymoon!
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab