Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I know this is a girly thing  (Read 12878 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
I know this is a girly thing
« on: August 04, 2002, 02:46:17 AM »
I would like to know how all of the non-American spouses met their American other-halves??  

Come on fellas, lets have a girly chinwag  ;D

Christine

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Re: I know this is a girly thing
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2002, 04:33:27 PM »
Davids a dork and won't register yet, so I'll spill his beans for him.

Once upon a time David's job sent him to the US for his job - for 9 months. David went to a bar and got trashed, where he met Sara who was also trashed. They picked each other up (their stories are different as to who picked up whom) they made out in public and have been in love and together ever since. He moved out of the US 2 months after they met, worked in Spain for a loooong time, and as soon as he got back in England moved Sara over to be with him. Sigh.  [smiley=heart.gif]
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• Help - I married a Californian...
    • Moving Stills
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2002, 12:19:10 AM »
It was a terrible accident...
_tim

#traceroute life.liberty.pursuit-of-happiness

• Help - I married a Californian...
    • Moving Stills
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2002, 12:26:58 AM »
<sits up in hospital bed with great difficulty>

What I meant to say was it was a fantastic accident of fate that brought us together?

(is that better dear?)

We were introduced by my lovely (sic) wife's best friend (as opposed to my wife's lovely best friend,  you understand... when I was working for an SF-based webshop in London and she was seconded over there in November 2000.

Heidi (for that is her name) scrawled my wife's email address on my office whiteboard and glowered at me every day thereafter until I finally relented, got drunk and emailed her.

Crystal then called me (I think) and we had phone se^H^H^H^H a long and meaningful  chat about life, twins, cameras (we are both ex-snappers), lingerie, American catholic school-girls etc etc etc.

I left for the States on that evening's red-eye...

Some (maybe all) of the above is actually true.

(got to go, Nursey's here with my medicine)

_tim

#traceroute life.liberty.pursuit-of-happiness

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2002, 11:41:02 PM »
I would like to know how all of the non-American spouses met their American other-halves??  

Christine

Well, it was like this....  Back in the spring of '98 I had recently bought a computer, and was exploring the internet.  Little did I know where it would lead me.

Jill's mother had also bought a computer a few months earlier, and we both chanced upon the same date-matching service.  While doing a search among the likely ladies on the site I found Jill (aka "Val") as matching my interests, a 36% match as I seem to recall.  We struck up an e-mail "conversation" through the matching service's protective e-mail "firewall", before graduating on to direct e-mail.

After three months Jill had some vacation due, so I flew out with just a little trepidation to spend a week with her and her parents.  At the end of the week our fate was pretty much sealed.  Jill came over to the UK the following February for a week, we got engaged at the end of May when I returned to the US, and we married in February 2000 in Virginia.
Richard

Sponsored Links