Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visitors Visa  (Read 1398 times)

Re: Visitors Visa
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2005, 02:08:21 PM »
Sorry that my previous reply was poorly worded - I'm working on no sleep for 36 hours here.

Anyway, the unmarried partners visa is for people who have been LIVING together in a relationship akin to marriage for at least two years. I've been in a relationship with my bf for two years but we haven't lived together for that time so we wouldn't qualify for that visa. That visa requires you to show proof of a sustained relationship where you are sharing the same space - joint bills, joint bank accounts, addresses, etc.

Here's the info from the Britain USA website http://www.britainusa.com/visas/other_show.asp?SarticleType=25&Other_ID=319
:
The requirements for settlement Entry Clearance cases are as follows:

* The applicant is the unmarried partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom, or is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement; and

* Any previous marriage (or similar relationship) by either partner has permanently broken down; and

* The parties have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage which has subsisted for two years or more; and

* There will be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependents without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively; and

* The parties will be able to maintain themselves and any dependents adequately without recourse to public funds; and

* The parties intend to live together permanently.

Thanks Tanis.. but.. lol.. It dont make sense .. and how are ya even suppose to * The parties have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage which has subsisted for two years or more; and GET to this point? lol..

this is the Conundrum. lol..

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005, 04:28:18 PM »
Thanks Tanis.. but.. lol.. It dont make sense .. and how are ya even suppose to * The parties have been living together in a relationship akin to marriage which has subsisted for two years or more; and GET to this point? lol..

this is the Conundrum. lol..

This visa wouldnt work for you , Pabby...  imagine a situation, for example,  where a Scottish guy came to work in the US for 2 years, and met a US guy or girl and lived with him/her in a relationship akin to marriage (ie, not just as flat-mates!), but then his work visa ended and he had to go back to Scotland, but they didnt want to split up.   In a situation like that, the US person could apply for an unmarried partners visa.    This is roughly the type of thing it is used for.

You shouldnt even be considering this one at the moment, cos it wont work for you.  :(

• Liked: 1
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005, 04:44:05 PM »
it sucks Paby, but quite a few of us have been in the same situation#

most have either: gotten a transfer within their company, found a UK company to sponsor them (much harder), applied for a fiancee visa or have just done what i did: bite the bullet and get married.

dems their rules

• Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005, 04:09:05 PM »
So I'm in the UK black hole as well.  Is it technically illegal to leave the UK after the 6mth US passport visit only to re-enter after x-mas break for another 6 mths visit? 

I've been turned down for the HSMPwork permit, as well as a year visitor's visa.  Since the UK won't let me stay to live with my guy (also a US citizen in UK for work on a work permit/visa until 0ct 2006) for 2 years, unless we get married which neither of us want yet, because 1/2 our 2 yrs has been apart--- I'm pretty much stuck aren't I. 

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2005, 04:19:29 PM »
I've been turned down for the HSMPwork permit, as well as a year visitor's visa.

Where are you now?

Do you still have your Notice of Refusal for the VV?

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2005, 04:43:08 PM »
I've asked about the 10 year visitor visa... And it's not what you think. You cannot stay in the UK on a visitor visa. I was told even with that you're only allowed to stay in the country for 6 months out of the year. Don't mess with immigration, you'll get burned. I used to come back and forth on the visitor visa and got told off by the customs guy about it. They started getting suspicious about how many times I've come over. He warned me if I came back within 6 months on a visitor visa, I would be deported. It sounds like your only option is the fiancee visa. If you aren't ready, you'll have to just go back and forth until you are.

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2005, 05:01:12 PM »
I'm happily visiting the UK until December and would love to come back for more.  It has been quite frustrating, because I have been enjoying traveling to other places such as Italy, France, Belgium because Ryanair has had such great prices, but each time I come back into the UK customs is like "you're leaving right" 
The weather in California is sunny all the time.  I don't wish to stay in the UK forever, just until my partner's job ends.

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2005, 05:07:48 PM »
I am in the UK  and  Yes, I do still have the refusal of VV letter.  It was highlighted that my partner and I had not been living together for 2 years.  I have my own US business and he simply wrote a letter on my behalf stating that he would also support any items that would come up such as housing, food...so there is absolutly no need for either of us to have public assitance.  I was applying for a VV for a year and was written back that since I'm a US citizen my passport would allow me to come to the UK for up to 6mths.  I have no need for work so that isn't the issue either.  The mental energy I spend on this some days is exhausting.  Thank-you for your replies.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab