Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK spouse going to US  (Read 745 times)

• My little cutie
  • Liked: 0
UK spouse going to US
« on: October 15, 2003, 05:18:40 PM »
Ok as most of you know we came here in April, well we both feel it is not home here and we want to go back to the states.

SO my question is Glenn had a visa in the states but it expired just before we left and well we need to know what he will have to do to go back to the states with me??

Any clues or suggestions??

• Liked: 1
Re: UK spouse going to US
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 11:45:24 PM »
Unfortunately litl_u you have to file the whole thing over again.  Spouses Visa and conditional permanent residency.  Bleah.  Call up the US Embassy and they should be able to get you all of the paperwork.  You can do it all from there.

I looked into it beacuse we will be moving to the UK, but I don't think he will have his citizenship by then and I wanted to know what we would have to do to come back.  Good thing is you are already married, have a child and therefore the burden of proof is there.
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 01:39:05 PM »
Forewarning:  A friend of mine was living here and they decided to move back.  They filed all the paperwork and asked how long it would take, they were told about a month.  She decided to move home early and find a job, etc, etc.  It was something like 6 months before he finally got his VISA.    I don't know what the hold-up was, but I know they didn't do anything wrong and there was nothing strange (like outstanding warrants, previous marriages, etc).

So just a suggestion -- wait until you have visa in hand before you do anything.  They didn't even get to spend Christmas together that year.  :-(
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 04:14:26 PM »
It's INS ....1 month = 6 months 6 months=1 year..... :-/

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

Sponsored Links