Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Disagreeable Patients  (Read 1853 times)

• London Rollergirl
  • Liked: 1
Re: Disagreeable Patients
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 12:07:42 AM »
Did she also want a red carpet leading the way to the room from the front entrance? ::)

She complained about her child sharing a bay with other children

She complained that there was no TV (there was but she had to share it)

She complained over the fact that the stupid anethesiologist said the procedure would take 15 mins (To sedate the child it would take 15min to operate it would take 1-2hours!!)

She complained that there  was no waiting room for parents in the recovery area

oh the list went on...I was nice through out the day getting them coffee , telling them about the progress and keeping them up to date ..and then the grandparents came in and they said within earshot  "Oh it's been horrible we haven't a clue what's going on in this place"

WOT!!! SMARMY COW!!!

I went over and said "Oh did you not comprehend the information we've just discussed? You should have said I'm happy to go over it again"

She just said "oh no no that's quite alright" in a soft voice

BUSTED >:D

But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

• how about a nice cup of hoffee?
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 01:04:39 AM »
Ah, sounds like some of the reasons I ran away screaming from paediatric nursing .  Mind you the relatives of adults aren't much better.  I have been on the other side of the fence so I know how it feels to be a worried family member.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 02:01:24 AM by NicolePA2UK »

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 04:38:36 AM »
There is NO WAY I would ever survive as a nurse or teacher. Never never never. To all the nurses and teachers reading this, please accept my thanks and respect because I just don't get how you can put up with so much!!!
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 04:53:03 AM »
My Mom's an ER nurse and has stories that would turn your hair green.  At least here (by which I mean FL not the US in general), it is a serious crime to attack a health care worker, just like attacking a cop.  It isn't often enforced, but it's a crime all the same.

• London Rollergirl
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2005, 08:28:05 AM »
it's the same here Saf.
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2005, 01:06:44 PM »
Here in the UK, in general, it seems that there must be some need, as there are signs posted in many places instructing people not to verbally or physically abuse the staff -- in the immigration hall at the airport, at bridge and tunnel tolls, etc.
Bored

• Banned

• Big black panther stalking through the jungle!
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005, 02:00:32 PM »
I can fully understand how people visiting family and friends in hospital can be worried, and perhaps a little more on edge than they might be at other times, but that in no way justifies some of the horrendous incidents reported above. 

People have been going into hospitals for years.  Friends and relatives have been visiting those people for years, without such cases of violence being widespread.

So any ideas why this is becoming such a problem now?   Is it just part of the general decay of society as to what is regarded as acceptable behavior?
From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreaming of one who truly is La plus belle pour aller danser.

• If it were easy, you wouldn't appreciate it
    • Just Frances
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2005, 04:54:53 PM »

So any ideas why this is becoming such a problem now?   Is it just part of the general decay of society as to what is regarded as acceptable behavior?

Maybe because in today's society, we must find someone, something, to blame for everything?  Maybe because we feel that we have a RIGHT to behave in any fashion we feel?  Maybe because for so many years, people were given light taps on the wrist for things warrenting harsher punishment?  There are a load of maybes I can think of, but I will leave it at that for now.

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2005, 05:20:17 PM »
Maybe because in today's society, we must find someone, something, to blame for everything?  Maybe because we feel that we have a RIGHT to behave in any fashion we feel?  Maybe because for so many years, people were given light taps on the wrist for things warrenting harsher punishment?  There are a load of maybes I can think of, but I will leave it at that for now.

That about sums it up.

The number of woman I met on the post-natal ward who assumed the hospital was like a hotel was alarming. 

• London Rollergirl
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 09:18:03 PM »
yeah I've had a patient's parent drive around in her pretty Merc when it's time to go shopping or for appointment for her hair but then when it's an appointment to take her own child with cancer to GOS for an MRI she want the hospital to book transport or pay for a cab  ::)

The mum is resident in the hospital and she would radther come and search for you everywhere when the child is hungry than to walk across the room and feed the child herself.

I'm in the middle of doing something with one child in another room and here comes mum of this child

"She's asking for food"
"Right , at the moment I have to do this so I am going to be awhile have you got her feed do you want to feed her?"
"No I'm tired she won't take a fed from me"
"have a try I'm sure if she's hungry enough she'll be happy to feed"
"I much radther leave it with you"
<Walks off>
<child cries till she's fed by one of the nurses>
<Mum's sleeping next to child with her back towards her>
 :P

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2005, 09:24:06 PM »
yeah I've had a patient's parent drive around in her pretty Merc when it's time to go shopping or for appointment for her hair but then when it's an appointment to take her own child with cancer to GOS for an MRI she want the hospital to book transport or pay for a cab ::)
The mum is resident in the hospital and she would radther come and search for you everywhere when the child is hungry than to walk across the room and feed the child herself.
I'm in the middle of doing something with one child in another room and here comes mum of this child
"She's asking for food"
"Right , at the moment I have to do this so I am going to be awhile have you got her feed do you want to feed her?"
"No I'm tired she won't take a fed from me"
"have a try I'm sure if she's hungry enough she'll be happy to feed"
"I much radther leave it with you"
<Walks off>
<child cries till she's fed by one of the nurses>
<Mum's sleeping next to child with her back towards her>
 :P

I don't know how you do it Alicia. I wouldn't last a day there, I'd end up cursing someone out if I had your job :P

• Banned

• Big black panther stalking through the jungle!
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2005, 02:17:16 PM »
Maybe because in today's society, we must find someone, something, to blame for everything? 

I think that's it.   It's a trend which seems to be all too common these days.   Everything is always somebody else's fault, because nobody will accept responsibility for his own actions any more and the system seems to be supporting this.   

Going off on a tangent a little, but just look at the recent case of an employee who went to an industrial tribunal after being sacked for stealing from his company.  He claimed it wasn't his fault and he shouldn't have been fired because his contract didn't state that theft would be grounds for dismissal.    Incredible as that sounds, whatever idiots were running the tribunal agreed with him and ruled that he been fired unfairly!    :\\\'(       

From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreaming of one who truly is La plus belle pour aller danser.

Sponsored Links