Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse/partner FLE vs ILE  (Read 674 times)

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 0
Spouse/partner FLE vs ILE
« on: October 16, 2005, 10:02:50 PM »
I have a question regarding being able to get ILE immediately on the basis of a 4+ yr relationship.

On the UK Visas site, I found this regarding a spouse/partner visa:

"If you and your husband, wife or partner have been living together outside the UK for four years or more, and they have been a British citizen for four years or more, there will be no time limit on how long you can stay in the UK."

The italicised part of this is new information for me!  I have not been a citizen for 4 years; it has been just over a year and will be about 2.5 years by the time we apply for my gf's visa.  Am I correct in assuming that she will not be able to get ILE even if we can document that we have been living together for 4 years?

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I got my citizenship through registering as a citizen by decent because my mother is a citizen by birth. 
Liz

Re: Spouse/partner FLE vs ILE
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 11:17:45 PM »
The italicised part of this is new information for me! 

This was posted here last spring in the blog area that Leah provided to me, and also there's a white paper touching on this at the IND's Research & Development site.

It's not really new, but on the other hand, there's been to challenge on it.  I don't see how a challenge can be successful, but I'm keeping an open mind...

• Hi there.
  • Liked: 0
Re: Spouse/partner FLE vs ILE
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 04:16:52 PM »
So I guess there's not much point trying to scrape together evidence for 4 years, and we should just settle for FLE.  Oh well, FLE is good enough!
Liz

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab