Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Just out of curosity  (Read 536 times)

• Life is like a tire swing.
  • Liked: 0
Just out of curosity
« on: October 24, 2005, 02:12:36 PM »
Hope others that have a visa, the visa says "United Kingdom~ Entry Visa" also. Just wonderin'. Also, when I get my ILR, in February 2006, we will have been married for two years. How long to I wait to apply for naturalization?

I know I am probably worrying over a really silly thing, but it's a weird feeling sometimes to think that you are going along with no cares whats-so-ever, and then something pops up that's makes you feel very insecure (again).
MOMMA ALWAYS SAID:  "There an awful lot you can tell 'bout a person by their shoes" --- "Where they goin' , Where they been"
"I've worn lots of shoes"   Forrest Gump

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both."     Forrest Gump

• Liked: 8
Re: Just out of curosity
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 02:59:55 PM »
My FLR sticker says "United Kingdom -- Entry Clearance" and my ILR says "United Kingdom -- Residence Permit". 

You can apply for your citizenship one year after you've had ILR -- so once you've been married 3 years.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 03:15:55 PM »
Actually, you can apply for citizenship based on marriage once you have (1) lived in the UK for 3 years and (2) have ILR.  There is no time requirement for having ILR itself if you are applying based on marriage.

I'm sending my stuff off this week!!!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 03:19:33 PM »
Actually, you can apply for citizenship based on marriage once you have (1) lived in the UK for 3 years and (2) have ILR.  There is no time requirement for having ILR itself if you are applying based on marriage.

I'm sending my stuff off this week!!!!

Sorry, yes -- this is true!  I was typing about my own situation as I'll have lived here for three years when I've been married for three years. 

• Life is like a tire swing.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 03:21:30 PM »
Do they put your ILR over your FLR or on another page?

Also, when you get your ILR, you still have to go through immigration, right? and also fill out one of those entry (white) cards, right?

Good luck Peedal. I will have been married 2 1/2 yrs and been here three years in September 2004. Maybe after that I will think about going for naturalization. Gotta get my ILR first. No worries, right? Heh.
MOMMA ALWAYS SAID:  "There an awful lot you can tell 'bout a person by their shoes" --- "Where they goin' , Where they been"
"I've worn lots of shoes"   Forrest Gump

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both."     Forrest Gump

Sponsored Links