Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone getting ready for ILR SAVE THOSE BILLS!!!!!!!!  (Read 788 times)

• Liked: 0
Anyone getting ready for ILR SAVE THOSE BILLS!!!!!!!!
« on: October 24, 2005, 03:08:01 PM »
We've moved three times, were at one place 15 months, but when the person checking saw that, she said "I hope you have lots of documentation".  Fortunately, everything was in both names, tenancy agreements, water bills, gas, electric. I believe I had more than 10 joint things for each year.
This was the thing they scrutinized most-
PS- I got it!!!!!!!

It helped to make a table, showing the various months of bills scattered throughout the two years.  I couldn't wait to get out of that place- between the calling for people to get fingerprinted and the hassle they were giving some people, the pressure is intense.  Plus, sigh, 500 pounds gone....

Thanks everyone for your great advice and help- it is so good to know what to expect.

• Life is like a tire swing.
Re: Anyone getting ready for ILR SAVE THOSE BILLS!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 08:18:46 PM »
Congrats, Grace!

We have one or two things in both names, but most of our bank statements, etc. are in one or the other's names. We're taking everything that has a name and address on it we can think of; from bills, credit card statements  to bank statements to letters from the council to doctor's statements to everything and anything that we have gotten in the mail for the last 2 years.

Hopefully, this will be enough for them to see that we have been together since marriage (and before). I am so nervous over this, and it's not even going to happen until February.
MOMMA ALWAYS SAID:  "There an awful lot you can tell 'bout a person by their shoes" --- "Where they goin' , Where they been"
"I've worn lots of shoes"   Forrest Gump

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both."     Forrest Gump

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 08:28:15 PM »
As long as the address and dates correlate it doesn't matter if they're not in joint names, as long as you have several in your name and several in your spouse's name.   We also had to provide our bank statements for the last 6 months and pay slips.

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 07:44:39 AM »
I was so nervous too, and it is a really stressful time in that actually more is at stake with ILR than FLR even.  Once you have been here two years, the thought that you might not be able to stay is really unsettling.
For our application, they really checked this aspect out, but perhaps the next person in line got their bank statements and wage slips assessed more closely.
I guess you just go with it all and let the evidence overwhelm them that you have been together and can afford to take care of your family.
Interestingly, they don't ask how many dependants you have on the application (if they are not also applying for ilr) and so it seems strange to me as how can they know how much money you need. What if someone had nine children?

• Life is like a tire swing.
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 12:44:45 PM »
Neither one of us have any dependents, nor will have any dependents. My husband has worked at the same company for over 20+ years, so he'll have no problem showing pay slips, future pension from them, etc.  I don't work, so no income (as far as pay slips go), but I do have stocks in the USA, which I get quarterly updates on. I'm not drawing any interest from them, preferring to put it back into stocks/IRA. Those will definitely be part of our package. Our house is almost paid for, and really no bills. Hopefully, they won't give us too much of a hassle.

I will just be so glad when this part is over. My husband says everything will be fine; however, I am a firm believer in Murphey's Law. No one has ever said what happens if you don't get your ILR. I feel more scared than I did in NY getting the visa ~ that went very well and the people at the British Embassy were so nice.

We are going to go down and do it in person at Croyden. I know it's alot of money, money that we really don't have to throw around, but I know there is no way that I could possibly wait weeks and more weeks for the result. I would be a basket-case before it was all over. :o
MOMMA ALWAYS SAID:  "There an awful lot you can tell 'bout a person by their shoes" --- "Where they goin' , Where they been"
"I've worn lots of shoes"   Forrest Gump

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both."     Forrest Gump

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 12:54:58 PM »
We've moved three times, were at one place 15 months, but when the person checking saw that, she said "I hope you have lots of documentation".  Fortunately, everything was in both names, tenancy agreements, water bills, gas, electric. I believe I had more than 10 joint things for each year.
This was the thing they scrutinized most-
PS- I got it!!!!!!!

It helped to make a table, showing the various months of bills scattered throughout the two years.  I couldn't wait to get out of that place- between the calling for people to get fingerprinted and the hassle they were giving some people, the pressure is intense.  Plus, sigh, 500 pounds gone....

Thanks everyone for your great advice and help- it is so good to know what to expect.

What if we do not have bills going back 2 years, we do have mortgage papers and wills.
Will that do ??
Thanks

Sponsored Links