Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help with Settlement spouse visa ?  (Read 705 times)

• Liked: 0
Help with Settlement spouse visa ?
« on: October 26, 2005, 11:41:03 PM »
Hello Everyone,
 I am new to this so please excuse the new questions...
       I am from the UK but have lived here in the US for about 17 years now...

We are in the process of moving back to the UK... I am married and have two children. Once they get passports  back I will be sending off for a spouse settlement visa.
 I have a letter from my parents stating that we can live with them untill we find a place of our own. I will be sending a letter of support stating that we will be living together as husband and wife and that I am aware of this application.I am going to supply bank statments to show we get a monthly income and always will as my spouse is 100% disabled veteran.I can get letter from previous employers for myself...Now what else am I needing to get !!!!

I know there is a lot that have already been through this process so any help that you can all give would be welcomed..

Jayne

• Does my bum look big in this?
  • Liked: 0
Re: Help with Settlement spouse visa ?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 02:19:28 PM »
Hi Jayne-

I didn't go through the spousal visa process myself, but there are lots of folks here who did.  Do you have some specific questions?  Your initial post is a bit vague about what information you're actually looking for.

Good luck w/the whole process, and welcome to UKY!
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Help with Settlement spouse visa ?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 04:17:27 PM »
Hi Jayne

It sounds to me as if you have everything covered.  You show that you meet the maintenence and accommodation test, that you are legally married and that you have residency rights in the UK.  That is about it.

Good luck.

Victoria

Sponsored Links