Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My visa mess  (Read 1392 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: My visa mess
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 10:59:27 PM »
Ok--great--so glad that wasn't affected at all!
"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 12:04:50 AM »
Considering I was out the last 2 days of school last week with strep throat, I wasn't looking forward to calling my dept. head and telling him I'd be out because I couldn't get back in the country!
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »
Didn't get a chance to return your texts the other day, but I'm super glad that everything worked out!!! And glad I was still awake the night/day it all happened!!!

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 05:41:41 PM »
Trust me, I was glad you were still awake too!  I think the lady at the consulate thought I was nuts when she told me I got my visa and I started crying, AGAIN.  I think I blubbered the whole way back to LAX.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

Sponsored Links