Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What happens if your ILR is denied?  (Read 1779 times)

• Liked: 0
What happens if your ILR is denied?
« on: October 27, 2005, 06:38:07 PM »
Just something I'm curious about- maybe the immigration advisors can help with this one?

I've seen a lot of posts regarding gathering your documentation before applying for ILR (on the basis of marriage.)  What happens if you don't have the right evidence or enough evidence to satisfy the immigration officers and they deny your application? Do they extend FLR for another two years?  Do they say, "Sorry, you'll be illegal once your visa expires, you have to go home now?"  Inquring minds want to know! :)
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

Re: What happens if your ILR is denied?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 06:46:55 PM »
I've been curious about this as well. It's still a year and a half away for me but I always worry about it a bit in the back of my mind. I even had a nightmare about it last night! haha

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 07:20:15 PM »
OMG just DON'T even worry about it.  If you send your application in and they have questions or want more information they will write and ask you and give you (usually) a month to send the stuff in.  Unless you get yourself convicted of a fairly serious crime (serious enough to warrant prison time) or there is something really weird about your application (like he paid you $10 000 to marry him) you are unlikely to have a problem with an ILR marriage application. 

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 07:37:28 PM »
OMG just DON'T even worry about it.  If you send your application in and they have questions or want more information they will write and ask you and give you (usually) a month to send the stuff in.  Unless you get yourself convicted of a fairly serious crime (serious enough to warrant prison time) or there is something really weird about your application (like he paid you $10 000 to marry him) you are unlikely to have a problem with an ILR marriage application. 

Lol, that's what my dream was about. I accidentally caused an auto accident with a frickin kite (haha) and got convicted of manslaughter and then they told me, "You're so not getting your ILR!" hahaha

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 10:42:32 PM »
I think there would only be a problem if you actually hadn't been living together for the two years-- it was a sham marriage, or you split up and didn't tell the Home Office about it.

I believe Peedal got sent away when applying for ILR because she didn't have all her documents (there was a problem with a move to a new application form); she came back with the correct documents and all was fine.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 09:36:20 AM »
Yeah - they wanted us to fullfil the "new" requirements whilst they were still using the "old" forms.  ::)  So they sent us away - didn't charge us again, though - and we came back with even more paperwork to show we'd been living together the entire 2 years and got the ILR no problem.

However, I know of someone who got sent away under pretty much the same circumstances, and she had to pay again.  :o  It's all in who you get on the day, I guess.  We'd actually been checked in by the guy who gave me my Fiancee Visa extension two years previous, so maybe that had something to do with it.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links