Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: PETS Conversations  (Read 3314 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: PETS - splitting the quarrantine
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 04:25:20 AM »
sorry for responding so late since the last posting but I just discovered this great web site !!!!

I have the same problem with my cat. The call for relocation was so sudden that we will only have 1 of the required 6 months done by the time we leave for London.  A kind friend has agreed to keep her for the remaining 5 months until I come pick her up.

Is the quarantine worse than being separated for 5 months ? I didn't even know there was an option for splitting the time.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 11:54:17 AM »
I personally feel as though the quarantine would be way worse on the animal than staying with someone who will take real good care the the animal. My dog is with my mother. My dog is not able to come over until Aug. I feel good to know my mom as gotten some what attached to her and they are keeping each other companion. My dad is starting to warm up to her and it has been 2 months. I could not imagine my dog being without love for 6 months. She can't express herself like a human can. Therefore i am afraid of the worse of the lesser two evils.

I doubt I was very helpful. Just expression my opinion of recent experience. Hope I came in time for you to decide.

jsayegh
Back Home,
JSayegh

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 04:01:32 PM »
Is the quarantine worse than being separated for 5 months ? I didn't even know there was an option for splitting the time.

Yes, quarantine is worse, IMO.  My dog could come over on PETS but my flat won't allow animals.  So, a friend has kept him for me since last June.  He still knows me (I go visit him when I'm home) and does NOT like to go back when I drop him off.  I will have to find a new flat this summer where I can have him.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Re: PETS Conversations
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 01:46:48 PM »
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

Sponsored Links