Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Raising money to bring pet with us  (Read 3164 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Raising money to bring pet with us
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 04:02:37 PM »
Or, how about getting really creative.  You know how they have "adopt a <insert name of endangered animal here>" charities.  Maybe you can do something similar on ebay where people bid to "adopt" your parrot.  For the winning bidder, you can send them information about African grey parrots along with monthly updates and photos of him, or if you can teach him your sponsor's name, you can even send them a video clip of him saying thank you to the sponsor.
Just some ideas. . . .
Good luck!

How cute. That really is quite creative. Very cool thoughts.
"It has been wisely said that we cannot really love anybody at whom we never laugh"    - Agnes Repplier

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 04:05:43 PM »
i wont even get into the whole owning a parrot part of it. that isnt the point.

if you want to do something badly enough and it takes money and you dont have it, you need to somehow come up with the money yourself. that is your responsibility. your problem to deal with.

besides that, its too easy to ask for money on the internet. id like to see someone ask a room of people face to face for the cash out of their pockets because they needed to take their pet to england.
married my husband and moved to england sept 2005, moved back to USA sept 2008

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2005, 04:12:31 PM »
Hey, if she doesn't mind doing it, why not use all the avenues that might be available for fundraising?  The end goal is getting the money, right?

youngs48- I'm crap at raising money (the only idea I've got- sell everything you can on eBay!!) but I wish you the best.  This is definitely a hard place to be and it would really suck if you had to leave Harpo behind.
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

• The Grass isnt always greener
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2005, 04:16:40 PM »
all very good ideas thanks...actually the higher cost is on the UK side...having the vet come out to the residence during quarenteen will be quite expensive...he must come twice in the 35 days as required by DEFRA...then theres the air ticket which goes by weight..on this side its more easy, the CITES do not cost anything but Harpo is required to have a full vet workup and International microchip prior to leaving the USA...all this considered so long as the airline doesnt lose his paperwork as happened to friends of ours who did the same as us...when they arrived in London the paperwork was nowhere to be found and they had to have a vet come out, waited 6 hours which was quite costly and unplanned.  :-\\\\
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 04:18:59 PM by youngs48 »

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2005, 04:18:41 PM »
I'm going to be doing this with my birds soon but thankfully they aren't protected under CITES. Do you have any idea how much the vet is going to cost to visit during quarantine? I've wondered about this and haven't gotten a chance to check into it.

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2005, 04:19:58 PM »
the people we know on the Livejournal site where Harpos webpage is located brought 2 cockatiels..ill ask her as i have a bad memory LOL

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2005, 04:21:39 PM »
its actually less flying time and cheaper all around of we travel north to Boston and fly out....but thats quite a trip beforehand and if we file from Florida 3 months prior we have to fly out of Florida darnit. ..my familys up by Boston

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2005, 04:37:38 PM »
It would be great if you found out the details of her taking the two cockatiels! :)

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2005, 05:06:12 PM »
actually i think shes registered in this forum...ladyynara is her user name, yes ill ask on the LJ site.

Sponsored Links