Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: High-wattage voltage converter  (Read 9856 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: High-wattage voltage converter
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 11:56:00 PM »
I was thinking of getting this one

to run my KitchenAid Professional 600 mixer ()

but I have no idea if that is a good choice or not....Would love if someone could offer some advice.

Also (and I think I know the answer to this, but just want to make sure)...my husband has an espresso machine that he is in love with: )....I'm assuming bringing this with us is a lost cause. Am I right? I really hope that I am wrong, because he loves the espresso machine.

Thanks sooo much!

• Liked: 63
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2013, 07:04:22 AM »
There's info in other threads about this. For something as powerful as a KitchenAid mixer, make super sure you have a transformer that can handle the wattage. I always recommend the ugly, but powerful, yellow transformers that are used on business sites. We got one for around £70 2 years ago, and it will handle about anything you want.

Now the espresso machine.....as costly as that was, I personally wouldn't risk it on any transformer.

You need to look at the wattage f the most powerful appliance you want to use, and add at least 10% for the initial 'surge'. Then buy the appropriate transformer, remembering that in this case, bigger is better. A good one will be ugly and heavy, but that's the way it goes.
Married December 1992 (my 'old flame' whom I first met in the mid-70s)
1st move to UK - 1993 (Letter of Consent granted at British Embassy in Washington DC)
ILR - 1994 (1 year later - no fee way back then!)
Back to US in 2000
Returned to UK July 2011 (Spousal Visa/KOL endorsement)
ILR - September 2011
Application for naturalization submitted July 2014
Approval received 15-10-14; ceremony scheduled for 10 November!
Passport arrived 25 November 2014. Finally done!

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 10:10:40 AM »
Amazon has a UK site.  Look there.  They do have things you can buy from the US its just a lil more expensive (as is everything here in this country).
Hope you find what you are looking for.

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2013, 10:08:38 AM »
I was thinking of getting this one

to run my KitchenAid Professional 600 mixer ()

but I have no idea if that is a good choice or not....Would love if someone could offer some advice.

Thanks sooo much!

Hey NYC, did you ever buy this? I bought a giant ugly yellow one and it's huge, heavy & a pain. I'm returning it.

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2013, 12:35:05 PM »
Hey NYC, did you ever buy this? I bought a giant ugly yellow one and it's huge, heavy & a pain. I'm returning it.

Sure did! We're running the beloved espresso machine off of it almost every morning and no problems so far. We've also used it for the blender...Haven't fired up the KitchenAid stand mixer yet, so can't report on that. The thing is pretty big and super heavy, but at least it's black - we just have it off in a corner of the counter. Hope that helps!

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »
Sure did! We're running the beloved espresso machine off of it almost every morning and no problems so far. We've also used it for the blender...Haven't fired up the KitchenAid stand mixer yet, so can't report on that. The thing is pretty big and super heavy, but at least it's black - we just have it off in a corner of the counter. Hope that helps!

Thanks but I wanted to know for my mixer! :)

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 11:11:06 AM »
I'm happy to report the ST-750 has been great for my 325 watt kitchenaid mixer.

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2013, 09:09:54 AM »
Thanks but I wanted to know for my mixer! :)

Happy to report that it worked just fine with my KA Pro stand mixer....Made some bread last weekend :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab