Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: any one have problems getting their passport back from NY?  (Read 563 times)

any one have problems getting their passport back from NY?
« on: December 12, 2005, 08:34:33 PM »
I applied for a fiance visa in person on Nov 29 at the NY Consulate. I received an email on Monday Dec 5, stating that my visa was approved and issued. I phoned the Enquiry line to find out how to get my passport back. (Because of a previous entry, they weren't able to issue the same day.) I was told to mail off a $12 money order and it will be fedex'd over night to me. Well it's now a week later and still no passport :\\\'( >:(

I phoned on Thurs, Fri and my fiance phoned them today. Each time they tell us, someone from the consulate will phone us back, and no one has. They have also said, there is no reason as to why it wasn't it wasn't mailed. I have never received an email with a fedex number or anything. The only email I have received from them was stating my visa was approved and issued. I'm beginning to worry they have lost my passport. What I can't believe and am really disappointed in, is they won't return any calls. The Enquiry line says they'll get them to phone and they never do. Nothing like spending $40 (mainly for being on hold) in phone calls every day to locate my passport.

I had rebooked my airline ticket for Friday, so much for thinking 2 weeks was enough time for them to r eturn my passport to me - looks like I'm going to have to cancel it again.  :\\\'(

Re: any one have problems getting their passport back from NY?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 06:51:01 AM »
thats horrible I'm sorry, it was be a pain that no one is taking it seriously over there. I wish I could give you some advice.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 08:18:40 AM »

I had rebooked my airline ticket for Friday, so much for thinking 2 weeks was enough time for them to r eturn my passport to me - looks like I'm going to have to cancel it again.  :\\\'(

If you don't receive it by the end of today, you can PM me.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 02:00:44 PM »
Thanks Garry and EnglandsYank - I just can't believe they haven't even bothered to return the calls. That what blows me away!

I was told by Enquiry that I can't just go back and get it, I'll have to rebook an appointment, because they won't let anyone through the doors unless you have an appointment and on the appointment list. They are booked up to the 22  :(

Hopefully I'll hear something today, but doubt it.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 02:43:29 PM »
FINALLY! - I just got a phone call from the NY consulate!

The person I spoke to told me that my passport has been there since Friday Dec 2 waiting for me to pick up. I had to explain to him the whole situation again - that no one had phoned us to tell us it was ready like they said they would, and I didn't receive an email until Monday, by this time we had to return to my home state. I phoned the Enquiry line to find out how to get my passport. They said send $12 money order with a cover letter which I did, and I also told him it was received on Tuesday at 11am and with the person's name that signed for it. Since then no one has sent out my passport or has returned our calls and we have been calling daily to find out where my passport is.

He apologized for the mix up and gave me a fedx number and said it would be fedx'd today and gave me the number  ;D

When speaking to him, I gathered that no one was aware of the money order and cover letter. He made no reference to it. He just sounded confused as to why I hadn't picked up my passport yet because it's been ready since Dec 2 - until I explained why. Oddly enough, the Enquiry line had it in their system stating that the money order had been received on Tuesday.

He asked if I received a white card (not sure what that is for), I said no - the only thing we received was a torn piece of paper with our visa application number on it (and being told they'll phone us when it's ready). That was it.

So, after many phone calls and $$$ on those phone calls, I'm finally getting it tomorrow!  ;D

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 02:46:24 PM »
What a mess! Glad it's all sorted now.  :)

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 07:47:05 PM »
Most definitely!  ;D - Beginning to think I'm just a walking disaster, lol.

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 07:50:04 PM »
I finally got my passport and visa!  ;D

I also received a letter of apology from the consulate, along with my money order that I sent. They stated, they just opened my letter I sent a week ago  :( - At least they sent my money order back to me as a courtesy gesture. Unfortunately it no where equals what we spent in phone calls to them trying to track down my passport/visa since it was issued. Better then nothing I suppose  :), at least I have my passport and new visa!  ;D

• Liked: 0
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 09:24:56 PM »
That's great news!  I admire the fact that they actually took the time to write a letter of apology and that they had the courtesy to return your money order.  Hearing about a governmental body turning out to be that "with it" is so refreshing.
Bored

Sponsored Links