Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Apologies if repeat-query; questions about paperwork process POST-MARRIAGE  (Read 511 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi everybody,

Well I have been here with my fiance three weeks and it's going great. We will be married on the 9th of January, having gotten the date all sorted at the registrar and paid the fee and everything.

I'm writing today - apologies if this information is already here, but the search is broken for me - because I found a job i REALLY REALLY WANT!

We are getting married in Dundee, Scotland, where we live. Then, I gues we get our marriage cert mailed to us after about a week.

After we get married, do we go down to Glasgow with his and my passports and our Marriage Certificate and do the process same-day for getting me a married person visa? How long can I stay on the married person visa? do we require additional documentation for it other than what I just mentioned? What's the fee? Once I have that visa, is that what I use to apply for work? do I photocopy the bugger with my Job Applications?

The window for the Glorious Magnificent Job closes on the 23rd of december, but interviews aren't 'till the 20th of december. I'm guessing I should just put in the ap that we will certainly have my right-to-work taken care of by then?

Do I get an NHS id number at the same time I get the married person visa?

Anyone care for a pint up here in the region, by the way? :)

I meant 20th January for interviews
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 01:29:25 PM »
duh :)

• Liked: 2
Re: Apologies if repeat-query; questions about paperwork process POST-MARRIAGE
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 02:41:16 PM »
1. An NHS number you get when you register with a GP - you can do that now;
2. A national insurance number (ie tax number) you apply for when you have a job;
3. The spouse visa FLR allows you to stay for 2 years at the end of which time you can apply for a permanent visa (LTR);
4. For the latest info on fees and documentation have a look at the ind website.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 11:25:13 AM »
I tried to get registered to the GP down the street the week after I got here, but they said I'd have to have my paperwork first. Confused..

• Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 12:25:31 PM »
If you're on a fiance visa you can register, they probably just don't know that. Have a look at this for more details:

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=12106.0

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 01:20:12 PM »
I tried to get registered to the GP down the street the week after I got here, but they said I'd have to have my paperwork first. Confused..

They were wrong.  It happens sometimes, you just need to go back and sort through it with them.

Sponsored Links