Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: fiancee visa questions  (Read 502 times)

• Liked: 0
fiancee visa questions
« on: December 22, 2005, 11:07:43 AM »
new to this forum so hi to everyone. Advice on my sons situation appreciated.

He met an american girl online June 2005. love blossomed via email, msn,phone. in october decided that next step was for her to come over so they could meet. she duely purchase return tickets for herself and her two children. got stopped at Heathrow, questioned all day and then made to return to USA next day(so they never met). Reason given was not sure she would return to US at end of 6 months. she has no job there and gave up her flat to come to uk. She also has very little family ties there. My son therefore two weeks later hopped on plane to USA to meet here there instead. He has stayed for the 90 days allowed under VWP and will be returning in Jan. He has asked her to marry him and they now want to apply for fiancee visa.  know most of the general rules about job, accomodation etc but got a few specific questions:

Will being stopped from entry count heavily against her. Will the fact that she returned next day to catch flight home after staying in hotel overnight count in her favour.

the two children were with an ex partner to whom she was not maried or had any formal contract with. split up over year ago and father has not seen children since then (he presently lives in France) although he does pay maintenance. will letter from him surfice or does she need to have some sort of formal sole custody of them.

my son does not have a job at present. Once he has returned and got one how long does it need to be before he can sensibly apply for visa. His father and I will co-sponsor and can show savings accounts with considerable sums of money in and also letter from accountant of business we co-own showing we have valuable assets.

As she has been refused entry she is terrified she is not going to get visa and I am trying to find out facts to reassure her.

Re: fiancee visa questions
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 11:30:20 AM »
As she has been refused entry she is terrified she is not going to get visa and I am trying to find out facts to reassure her.

It's important to remember that your FDIL was refused entry in the VISITOR category, and a fiance application is in the SETTLEMENT category.  It's a different set of rules and assumptions, and it's not a big deal for a girlfriend to have been refused entry and then apply later as a fiance.  I wouldn't worry about it...

• Does my bum look big in this?
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 11:36:22 AM »
the two children were with an ex partner to whom she was not maried or had any formal contract with. split up over year ago and father has not seen children since then (he presently lives in France) although he does pay maintenance. will letter from him surfice or does she need to have some sort of formal sole custody of them.

I supplied a notarized letter from my ex, basically stating that he knew we were settling in the UK and had no objection, and that sufficed for visas for my girls...
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 06:24:19 PM »
my son does not have a job at present. Once he has returned and got one how long does it need to be before he can sensibly apply for visa.

My fiance was at his new job for 2 months when we applied. All they had asked for was a letter from his employer. It stated what position, when he started, his salary and that it is a perm position.

I was denied entry as a visitor also and had no problems with being approved for the fiance visa. It couldn't be issued same day (we applied in person), as they had to verify the information from the airport that refused entry.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab