Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: On watch  (Read 498 times)

On watch
« on: December 23, 2005, 11:05:03 AM »
I stopped doing this in 2003 because I already had the needed experience and it's boooooring, but a old colleague  has asked for a break.  So I am subbing for her as caseworker in the detention area in Heathrow Terminal 1 and Terminal 3.  On the 26th and 27th.  Possibly the 2nd.

Normally, if you run into trouble and I'm NOT on watch, I usually can't do very much unless I'm already carrying you as casework.  The way the system works is that you can't just pop up from nowhere and start representing somebody because they need to instruct and then receive client care and yada yada yada....

*BUT* if you run into trouble going through immigration and I'm *there* (i.e., actually on watch), don't hesitate to ask for me.  No charge.   ;) Free, as always.

Have your evidence organized and presentable, Don't lie, and ESPECIALLY don't try and use some far-fetched story your boyfriend dreamed up (your bf probably doesn't know how the system works anyway), don't fidget, have a reasonable explanation for everything, and don't take a zillion years to answer each question the IO puts to you.  It gets them annoyed if you don't answer a question promptly.  And crying doesn't help anybody.  Not me, not them, and not you.

Hope that helps somebody!

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
  • Liked: 1
Re: On watch
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 11:07:45 AM »
Have fun Garry! Hope if you come back with any horror stories that they are regarding stupidity and not something tragic.  :-\\\\
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 01:42:34 PM »
Best of luck Garry!

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 01:51:52 PM »

Garry,

I know its been said many times before....but thanks again for all of your excellent information.  I know the regulars appreciate it as do the folks that come on, browse and ask for your advice.

Happy Holidays!

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 01:58:12 PM »
Good luck and happy holidays, Garry!
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 04:08:47 AM »
any cases that you end up sorting out on those days will be more than lucky.... hope it wasn't too too boring for you.
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

• Then things got just plain Silly!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 04:13:46 AM »
Hope things are going well Garry and I hope you had time for a nice holiday with those close to you.
All dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

Sponsored Links