Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Greetings Newbies  (Read 1850 times)

• Liked: 1
Greetings Newbies
« on: August 19, 2002, 10:19:26 PM »
Just wanted to send out a warm welcome to all the newbies.  I just moved a couple of weeks ago and we didn't get a phone line put in until late last week so by the time I got logged on again about 50 new people had signed on!  ;D  I didn't want everyone to think I was totally antisocial or anything.  I would love to welcome you all personally, but believe it or not, not that I am not working I have less time to be online!  :o  I am so glad people are finding their way here.  It is a fantastic site and hope you all stick around!
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

• I love mankind...It's people I can't stand.
  • Liked: 0
Re: Greetings Newbies
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 07:44:13 PM »
I would also like to add my hellos and welcomes to all the newbies.  I used to be so good at saying howdy individually, but lately I just can't seem to get the hang of it! :-/  Anyway it's great to have you all here and welcome and enjoy the site!  I'll see you on the boards no doubt. :)
Friends don't let friends get "Friends" haircuts!

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2002, 04:06:04 PM »
hey glasgo-girl.....i was wondering where u where.  congrats on the move, hope you are settling in nicely.  how did the move go?  any moving stories u wanna share that might help others with their move across the pond?  glad to have ya back!!
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2002, 05:36:00 PM »
Hey ItsBcoz!  Can't relate anything too tramautic other than it is virtually impossible to rent a trasit van one way in Britain! Oh, and think very carefully before you agree to drive one loaded for 6 hours straight. But we are all settled in and we have become a living version of that Argos commercial (except perhaps not so tasteful  ;)) Where the entire house is decorated with stuff from the catalogue.  Except, of course, for the second hand lounge furnature which is pepto bismal pink.  But that is another story all together......
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

• En Vino Veritas
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2002, 06:15:21 PM »
 Except, of course, for the second hand lounge furnature which is pepto bismal pink.  But that is another story all together......

Is it me or is Pepto Bismal pink a hot color out here ? We have a whole room in this house painted that color with teal blue curtains !!!! I hear the Miami Vice theme everytime I walk in to it !!!!
Glad to hear you're settled though ..um and welcome to the Midlands !!!!  Tee Hee
(let me know if you need directions to every McD's, BK or Pizzahut within a 50 mile radius of you ...gotta love kids!)
You're a daisy if you do........

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2002, 06:22:04 PM »
lol!  [smiley=laugh.gif]  Dusty pink I think is the PC term they use when selling it, and no it wasn't the first one we came across.  I e-mailed pics to my mom and the best she could come up with is 'um, it is pink, isn't it.'  Oh well it is in great shape and really clean and a heck of a lot better than sitting on the floor. :D

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2002, 11:49:39 AM »
Hey, we have a pink room, too!  It was chosen by a nine year old (now 13) in the height of her 'pink phase'.  Unfortunately the girls have since switched bedrooms and the younger one's leopard print accessories don't quite match. :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab