Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 6 weeks from today!!!  (Read 2824 times)

• Liked: 0
6 weeks from today!!!
« on: November 10, 2003, 11:52:27 PM »
Hi Everyone!

Well 6 weeks from today I will be married!!    ;D  

I think I have everything all set and in order, we've ordered the rings and we're waiting for them to come back.  All I need is to get some shoes & a hand bag and that's me already!  The last thing we need to do is to gather all the stuff needed for the consulate in New York.

But I can tell you that I am experiencing every emotion under the sun right now.   One minute I'm scared out of my brains and thinking what the hell am I doing?  The next minute I'm excited about getting married and then with the drop of the hat I'm anxious.   I started crying the other day because I haven't found shoes yet and found myself wishing my best friend were here so we could go together.   And then I was on the phone to Dave crying he doesn't miss me (his ship is in Scotland right now)!  And the next day telling expressing to him how happy I am to be marrying him!  I think I'm starting to drive him a bit crazy!  This is like deja vou because last year I was feeling the same just as I was about to move over here.  Except now it's two fold!

Anyway please tell me that I'm not the only weirdo out there, that what I'm feeling is normal!  I think I'll have to sign myself into a mental institution!

Sorry for rambling! Thanks for listening!

Maureen

Re: 6 weeks from today!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 07:43:35 AM »
Maureen,

wow! think of all of the stress that you're under right now. its completely normal to feel a full range of emotions. . . i do and i still have 7 months til the big day. its hard to be apart form your partner when you're trying to get the details together. . . especially when he is the only person that you want to see the majority of the time. i'm finding that a glass of wine and a nice bath calm the nerves a bit. . . a good cry never hurts either. i guess in all of this blithering i'm just trying to say that you aren't alone out there. best of luck as your special day gets closer!

big hugs,
amanda
if it isn't one thing, its my mother . . .

30/06/2009- NCS Appointment & Citizenship wait begins
06/07/2009- Date of Acknowledgement of Application and Payment Letter
21/08/2009- Date of Invitation to Citizenship Letter
24/09/2009- Citizenship Ceremony!

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 02:37:33 PM »
Congratulations - and how exciting! I was a basket case before my wedding, it was just like my brain didn't know how to handle all the conflicting emotions, so I cried lots and lots. :) You are *completely* normal!!! Promise! Enjoy the moments you can! I had a nightmare with shoes as well, we were married at the end of March and I wanted white heels and it was SO HARD to find them, and it was my biggest stress! I'm sure no one remembers the shoes I was wearing, but *I* do! Good luck on your hunt. :)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 03:53:40 PM »
Hi Maureen, congrats - only 6 weeks.  I can't wait until I'm there.  Although my family keeps reminding me that its getting closer all the time.  I'm 5 months away from my wedding day.  Yet on the one hand there are tons of things left to do but all the big stuff are pretty much done.  I have a limo and a bus to arrange.  Other than that its all in the details.  Mostly I'm excited but like you I really get anxious too.  I tell you I imagine my favorite moment will be just before we are announced into the room and we take a peek at all our family and friends laughing and enjoying the food.  I think that is when I will finally relax and realize - WE DID IT! lol  Keep your chin up Maureen - you're doing just great.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 07:07:20 PM »
Thank you, everyone for listening to me.  I was feeling very overwhelmed!  

I'm so happy that it's finally happening!!!

Thanks again!!

Maureen

• Life is an Adventure
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 03:53:37 PM »
hi Maureen,

I sure now where your coming from.  It is 8 weeks to the day for my wedding and I am nervous too. Been here in the UK since the middle of September. Still adjusting and making wedding plans as well.  Had my first disagreement with fiancee over the music to be play at the wedding and the menu for the reception on friday night. We hardly spoke at all on Saturday. I go back and forth on wondering if I am making the right decision or not. I really understand your feeling of being overwhelmed! Want to enjoy the wedding but will kinda be glad when it is all over. Second wedding for me and so much is different. Some of that is good but some really takes some adjusting.  We will make it though as will you.  Good Luck.
Be true to yourself.

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 09:13:07 PM »
I don't know about anyone else -- but I actually stayed pretty calm.  I just thought of it as a big party and one that wasn't that important.  (When I say unimportant, I just mean that if something were to go wrong, it wouldn't be the end of the world. For instance -- the cake showed up and it was HIDEOUS -- but I didn't freak about it.  I just laughed and now have a funny story.)  I feel so sad when people panic.  It's supposed to be your special day.  Just relax and enjoy it!
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2003, 02:47:49 PM »
Wow - that's coming right up!  I have 7 months to go and I'm feeling all of those things.  I think it's normal - it's a huge thing, to get married.  I think if I wasn't nervous, it'd mean that it didn't hit me...but that's just my personality.  I guess it all depends on who you are.

Enjoy the six weeks - they're going to fly!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab