Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anti-Bushisms hits US Expats  (Read 1908 times)

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
Anti-Bushisms hits US Expats
« on: November 13, 2003, 02:48:35 PM »
I debated whether to put this here or in the Pettifog section, but I suppose if it gets heated, it will be moved. Anyway, there's an intersting article on Yahoo: Anti-Bushisms hits US Expats in London.

The quote by Christine Swanson I found particularly amusing.
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
  • Liked: 1
Re: Anti-Bushisms hits US Expats
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 03:51:14 PM »
An interesting article as I usually do not talk politics with anyone, especially here in the UK. [I almost think people are scared of what I might say.] It was interesting to read that others seem to be embarrassed for him too.

I did have a new co-worker this morning ask me rather tentatively if I was going to attend London when Bush comes.  She was visually relieved when I told her "no, I do not support Bush or his actions....and I do vote".

Thanks for sharing.....I'm glad I'm not alone in my thoughts.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 03:57:50 PM »
Very interesting article.  There's been a group who set up a table outside our local train station now and then, handing out fliers and trying to gain support for their cause which is protesting Bush's visit.  I've never spoken to them and they've never been able to catch me to try to put a flier in my hand.  Maybe I will eventually go talk to them.  That would be an interesting situation!

• So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 12:21:52 AM »
I plan to go along with some friends to the Big Protest March on Thursday.  I've been against the War from the outset and against Bush since he shamelessly stole the Presidential election from Gore.  (well, I never cared for him much as my governor either)

I had read this article the other day and I thought many of the comments were valid.  It is sickening how Bush has managed to alienate our country so much when there was a possibilty of positive changes to come from 9/11.  Everytime I have seen him speak since he's so full of patriotic cliches its embarrassing to watch.  It is hopeful to see current polls reflecting a majority of americans are finally getting fed up with his patronizing baloney.
Poo? .... Poo!!
Yes, Piglet?
Nothing.  I just wanted to be sure of you.

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2003, 03:09:55 PM »
I plan to go along with some friends to the Big Protest March on Thursday.  I've been against the War from the outset and against Bush since he shamelessly stole the Presidential election from Gore.  (well, I never cared for him much as my governor either)

I wish I could go. I wanna egg his car!
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 11:49:14 PM »
I dont think all of the blame should go on Bush..even if i didn't vote for him..he has a hard job to do and he has done a lot for our country....i'm sure there are loads of people that support him and that the decision to go to war did not fall solely on his shoulders...even as president...he is just there to be blamed
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• and you are?
    • biggest APPLE
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2003, 11:09:12 PM »
"There was a lot of goodwill to tap into and it took the incredible talent of George Bush to piss it all away in two years."

I think this quote from the article says it all. Doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with the war - if you love or hate Bush -I think you have to agree that the war has been handled and presented to the rest of the world in a truly dreaful manner.

• Life is an Adventure
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 04:26:47 PM »
I think it is bad judgement on the part of Bush to come here at this time if he really thinks there is danger of a bombing to Buckingham Palace while he is here. Also I don't think Tony Blair is wise either to subject England to such a possible threat. What is wrong with postponing this visit? Is it right for two men in such power to put two countries and there leadership in such a position of danger?  
Be true to yourself.

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2003, 05:39:15 PM »
I wish I could go. I wanna egg his car!

LOL!  

When I found out he was coming, the first thing I said to Ivy was, "Can I borrow some eggs?".

roflmao
wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2003, 02:35:44 PM »
I'm there.  That man embarasses me...

• Liked: 2
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2003, 02:39:05 PM »
You might find this BBC article interesting

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3276911.stm

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2003, 03:03:08 PM »
I read it - and I sent in an e-mail.  We'll see...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2003, 12:04:11 AM »
just FYI for those interested in going along on Protest March on Thursday.  There is a special meeting place for Americans.

www.expatsagainstbush.org

this is an american group that should be at the front of the entire march. their message is: they are anti-bush and anti-war  but NOT anti-america!!!  hooray!!!
Poo? .... Poo!!
Yes, Piglet?
Nothing.  I just wanted to be sure of you.

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2003, 04:49:53 AM »
just FYI for those interested in going along on Protest March on Thursday.  There is a special meeting place for Americans.

www.expatsagainstbush.org

this is an american group that should be at the front of the entire march. their message is: they are anti-bush and anti-war  but NOT anti-america!!!  hooray!!!

Wish I could be with you, dear.  I'll be thinking of you on Thursday and hope it goes well!  I may have to print the placard and hang it on my desk on Thursday. ;)

Sponsored Links