Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Menengitis in Children  (Read 2363 times)

Re: Menengitis in Children
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2006, 10:34:39 PM »
Just a wee note to say that children will be vaccinated against pneumococcal meningitis from next year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4692908.stm

Kel.

And whilst they drag their feet to bring it in, another 50+ children will lose their lives and half those who survive will do so with permanent disabilities.  And all for £35/jab.  Nice to know what a child's life is worth. 

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2006, 10:41:48 PM »
And whilst they drag their feet to bring it in, another 50+ children will lose their lives and half those who survive will do so with permanent disabilities.  And all for £35/jab.  Nice to know what a child's life is worth. 

Bad day?

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2006, 10:48:14 PM »
Bad day?

i know someone who lost her 19-month-old daughter to this.  she didn't even know there was a vaccine, much less that the NHS didn't put it on the roster b/c it costs so much.  so i think the bad day is hers, 5 april 2005.  RIP, freya.

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2006, 10:52:37 PM »
i know someone who lost her 19-month-old daughter to this.  she didn't even know there was a vaccine, much less that the NHS didn't put it on the roster b/c it costs so much.  so i think the bad day is hers, 5 april 2005.  RIP, freya.

Sorry I posted.

Heck I didn't know.

I only work for the NHS I am not the NHS.

Won't be posting again soon.

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 07:50:46 AM »
Just a wee note to say that children will be vaccinated against pneumococcal meningitis from next year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4692908.stm

Kel.

Thanks for the information. 

And whilst they drag their feet to bring it in, another 50+ children will lose their lives and half those who survive will do so with permanent disabilities. And all for £35/jab. Nice to know what a child's life is worth.

Try not to shoot the messenger, please. 

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 09:47:48 AM »
Thanks for the information. 

Try not to shoot the messenger, please. 

that was never my intention, but i still don't see where mentioning that the UK is 6 years behind other nations in getting this jab in is a personal indictment on 'mr flibble', whom i didn't know worked for the NHS, or that being a bit sickened that this jab hasn't been offered b/c of cost is somehow indicative of having a 'bad day'. :-\\\\

i mentioned this jab already right here in this forum. 

people had to campaign hard to even get it on, including Freya's mother, Amy Jade, who is featured in the December issue of 'Parenting' magazine.  It was only by sharing their incredibly sad and painful stories and lobbying that they were able to pressure the Health Minister.  despite their efforts, it's still another year off. 

• Liked: 2
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006, 10:10:41 AM »
All valid points Expat but maybe something to discuss in a new thread.  Mr Flibble was obviously just trying to be helpful.

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 10:15:26 AM »
Can someone tell me what vaccines they give here and at what ages?  I'd like to compare it to what is given in the States.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 10:19:14 AM »

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006, 10:20:30 AM »
Take a look at

http://www.immunisation.nhs.uk/

That is the most current schedule.

Kel.