Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: spousel visa  (Read 1051 times)

• Liked: 0
spousel visa
« on: January 13, 2006, 02:59:38 PM »
Hi everyone,

hope you are all well. Im in the US coming home to london tomorrow with fiance, i was just wondering we are looking into the sposel visa,

1 does anyone have a link to the supporting documents for that visa?
2 when we go thorugh immigration this weekend on te fiance visa is there anything you think we should know? do they usually just let you through?
3. generally how long can it take to recieve your spousel visa?

thanx for your help.

:d Lilly  ???

so whats the weather like in london?
"To be silent and indifferent is the greatest sin of all"

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: spousel visa
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 03:04:53 PM »
Do you already have your fiance visa?

Victoria

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 03:22:49 PM »
yes we have it and are coming to london tomorrow. so will have 5 months on that left to get married

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 03:52:19 PM »
When you are married, you need to send off form FLR (M) plus all the supporting documents (marriage certificate, both passports, photographs, proof of residency and proof of income)...basically the same stuff as for the fiance visa, but with the ststements updated.

Everything is on www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk

You should have no problems when coming through immigration.  YOu can get the spousal visa within 24 hours if you pay a premium, otherwise it takes about 4 weeks or so.

Victoria

That reminds me - in re my proof of residency
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 04:12:16 PM »
Are they looking for my husband's proof of residency in the UK, my residency with him here? or what?

I've been here since 24 November 2005 and I have not gotten any mail here yet except a letter from my dad. Checcking my marriage certificate, THAT says I'm living with my husband. Is that enough?

and thank you victoria
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 04:13:07 PM »
Thanks very much Victoria for the service you provide here in answering all these questions.

Re: That reminds me - in re my proof of residency
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 04:16:55 PM »
I've been here since 24 November 2005 and I have not gotten any mail here yet except a letter from my dad. Checcking my marriage certificate, THAT says I'm living with my husband. Is that enough?

No, it's not enough.

You need to get started on gathering the evidence for ILR.

I'm going for FLR (M)
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 04:20:14 PM »
I am certainly going to be gathering evidence for ILR -- as soon as I get a job I will be getting a bank account of my own, jointing on my husband's bank account, and putting the Telewest bill in my name to generate paperwork. I'll also do the council tax thing that I read in here earlier. I've got an appointment for FLR (m) at Glasgow PEO on the 31st of this month and I was wondering what sort of proof of residency requirements for the recently immigrated person there were. Sorry for any confusion.

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 04:23:34 PM »
When you are married, you need to send off form FLR (M) plus all the supporting documents (marriage certificate, both passports, photographs, proof of residency and proof of income)...basically the same stuff as for the fiance visa, but with the ststements updated.

That's heartening, at least.

I'm frantically searching this forum
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 05:02:28 PM »
and it looks like I will need some letters proving I am living here? Would someone please, please write back? Do you think I could get the council letter (Husband asking council to put me on the council tax) before the 31st if I mailed it in (or went there) on monday? What else can I get before the 31st?  Probably the joint bank account, would Lloyds mail us something ASAP proving it? How many envelopes and letters would I need? I've found all the Christmas cards and stuff and their envelopes but they are none of them official of course! Earnestly begging reply.

I guess we can go to shepard's leasing
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 05:05:14 PM »
and get my name put on the lease..who knows if they'll do it, we can show them the marriage certificate i guess..No clue. My husband will have to take yet MORE time off work to do all this.

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 05:16:19 PM »
thank you all kindly for your help. we will be looking through the link... your help is very much appreciated.

Re: I guess we can go to shepard's leasing
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 05:17:50 PM »
and get my name put on the lease..who knows if they'll do it, we can show them the marriage certificate i guess..No clue. My husband will have to take yet MORE time off work to do all this.

Sorry, didn't know you were thinking about FLR as opposed to ILR.  If you're switching from a fiance visa, you'll be fine with what you've got.  

Re ILR, I have been sending a Notice of Referral addressed to both hubz & wife to get the ball rolling, but people here stopped asking for this about a year ago.  

But for FLR, it's not to worry!

Garry you are a rock star.
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 05:26:17 PM »
Bless you. Sorry to hijack your thread, blulily, too.

My husband just got home and received a tounge lashing about all the s--t we need to do. Now we just need to update the financial statements and organize everything all pretty.

I think we will get a joint bank account anyway. Plus I have a prescription with my address on it. Also I need minor surgery next week and maybe they will kick me some paperwork.

I thought you HAD to go thru the stages VAF2, FLR, ILR. do people go straight from VAF2 to ILR? Not like I'd have the docu's to do it, just asking out of curiosity.

This site is amazing, to have professionals like you guys doing this work for us for free. VictoriaS or garry you guys are SO hired if I need an adviser and are SO getting referrals from me if I find anybody who needs one.

found my own answer
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 06:29:50 PM »
seems one has to get it within a short time of when one's FLR is due to expire. so, no!

Sponsored Links