Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: 2-Year Qualifying Period ILR (M)  (Read 688 times)

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
2-Year Qualifying Period ILR (M)
« on: January 13, 2006, 07:50:19 PM »
I thought I would easily find the answer, but I did a search on this message board and couldn't find anything. Also couldn't find anything on the IND website.

The ILR application form says that you can apply no less than four weeks before you've completed your two-year qualifying period. Is the two year qualifying period the amount of time since you arrived in the UK, or is it the amount of time since you've had your FLR?

For those of us who arrived on a fiance visa, we would have spent two years in the UK before we'd had our FLR for two years.

For example, I arrived in April, but did not get married or get my FLR till June. So is my 2-year qualifying period up in April or June?

I've seen some posts here which say that you have to apply for ILR a month before your FLR expires, which implies that the qualifying period is based on FLR.

However, I've also seen posts from people trying to figure out when they are entitled to apply for ILR and the replies have included calculations based on the amount of time they spent in the UK.

Re: 2-Year Qualifying Period ILR (M)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 08:44:15 PM »
However, I've also seen posts from people trying to figure out when they are entitled to apply for ILR and the replies have included calculations based on the amount of time they spent in the UK.

That's the difference between people who entered as spouses and people who entered as fiances.   :-*  Different strokes and all that...

Your probationary period will end in June 2007.

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 07:40:29 PM »
Thanks, Garry. It would've been nice if I had from April through June to apply for ILR.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 08:30:03 PM »
Thanks, Garry. It would've been nice if I had from April through June to apply for ILR.

Perhaps, but you can be consoled by having your nationality requirements completed in April 2008...

Sponsored Links