Topic: Atkins...  (Read 1417 times)

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
  • Liked: 0
Atkins...
« on: November 17, 2003, 05:12:05 PM »
I've posted in a bit more detail (mostly what I ate, yadda yadda, nothing thrilling, honest) at http://www.livejournal.com/community/curvecontrol but I wanted to share it with you lovely peeps, cause I am so shocked and pleased...

After one week on the Atkins diet....

I have lost 12 pounds.

Oh fraptious day, kaloo, kalay....

I am pretty freaking pleased, it must be said.  :)
wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Re: Atkins...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 07:41:34 PM »
Way to go!!!
As you know, I'm a serious low-carber (except now when I'm pregnant) - and have loads of tips if'n you want 'em. When I first started out (I started with Atkins but ended up switching to a plan called Protein Power) I didn't do it properly and stayed in "induction" too long and had big headaches, cramps, blah blah blah... so remember to follow it by the book! :) You'll love it. And always feel free to drop me an email. I've been doing it for, God... 5 years now? Something like that. And another congratulations to you - - - it feels SO WONDERFUL, doesn't it!
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 11:36:48 PM »
Congrats Miss Wench!  May all those pounds melt away...and if that package ever gets there make hubby eat the goodies.  Now I feel guilty. :-/
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 12:11:43 AM »
Well done Wench :)

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Wenchstead
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 11:43:17 AM »
lol don't worry vnice!  We'd planned on me going into misbehaving mightily over the Christmas period, this was just meant to be a trial run.  So yeah, hubby will get most of them, but a few will be mine!   [smiley=devilish.gif]

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 06:12:01 PM »
Great news Wench!  I'm so happy for you!

Atkins made me feel great after the first two cranky, headachy days, but after a week I hadn't lost a pound and decided to quit. :-/

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Wenchstead
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 06:26:18 PM »
Luckily I didn't have the headachy days, possibly because I'd already cut caffeine out of my daily diet.  (Occasionally, but not daily).  I'm sorry that it didn't work for you Saf.  :(  
wench

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2003, 06:51:24 PM »
I actually lost about 15 lbs once on Atkins.  I just can't make it a lifestyle change like Sara did.  Wish I could....  Even with cheats. One thing.... it works... So I am just sticking to old fashioned eat less, excersize more. I do cut back on carbs and use low carb bread etc.  Just because I know that too much sugar and refined carbs are indeed bad for us. Look at the rates of type II Diabetes...scarey... Thing is when you realize that a serving of rice is 1/4 cup uncooked...then you start to think about how much you usually ate... well it comes to portion control of certains foods.  

Oh and I read in one of those girly mags that actually low fat string cheese is a good snack...low in fat and was actually linked to weight loss in the tummy area. ... odd huh?  Stays around 45 minutes to stave off hunger. Of course in moderation.  Do they have string cheese in the UK?

« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 06:53:23 PM by vnicepeeps »
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2003, 07:44:27 PM »
Do they have string cheese in the UK?

:( It's crap.
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2003, 07:46:02 PM »
Aw....  :( so much for THAT idea...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab