Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ramblers Clubs  (Read 1111 times)

Ramblers Clubs
« on: November 19, 2003, 02:14:49 PM »
Yeah ..I know....just the mere name invokes thoughts of the green wellie brigade but theyre not all like that...really ;D
I walk a lot anyway when I'm over there and then about 5 years ago I met someone who drinks in the same local as I do and he put me on to one. I know that there's tons of them over there and theyre free to join. Its a great way to get some exercise, meet some of the locals and find out a little of the history of an area. Its a cheap alternative to gym fees and a way to familiarize yourself with ones surroundings. Just a thought......

Here's a link that covers local life in hundreds of towns, cities and villages throughout the U.K with addresses of gyms, walking clubs, parks etc.

http://www.locallife.co.uk

« Last Edit: November 19, 2003, 02:28:16 PM by CeltictotheCore »

Re: Ramblers Clubs
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 04:01:11 PM »

Ta so much for the info.I had never heard of a Ramblers Club,but what a great idea. :)

I love to walk,although I havent really done it in a long while.It really is a great way to get into shape and/or lose weight!

Being able to talk walks around my adopted country,I cant wait really  ;D

Cheers Rhia
   I do appreciate the link for the local life page too.I have Up My Street,but this just gives me another one to look at.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab