Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Flying my cat ~nightmare story  (Read 4349 times)

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Flying my cat ~nightmare story
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2006, 08:49:36 PM »
Thank goodness! Albus will be fine, I'm sure. Kitties are remarkably resilient. I think right now he just wants to be home with his mummy! :)
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2006, 09:14:12 PM »
soooo happy to hear this!   ;D

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2006, 10:05:30 PM »
Thank goodness! Albus will be fine, I'm sure. Kitties are remarkably resilient. I think right now he just wants to be home with his mummy! :)

he isn't on his way home to his mummy she has sent him to his aunties to live.......

• I miss you so much. My heart is forever broken.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2006, 10:17:53 PM »
Courtney has just msg'd me on yahoo and said Albus has been found in the rafters and they have gotten him out and he is in the office and a Vet is on his way to examine him. Her sister is on her way to pick him up as well....

She said she is so happy they found him....

thanks everyone for all their good thoughts and prayers

:o yayayya that's awesome news!   

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2006, 10:23:53 PM »
Oh thank goodness, what wonderful news!  Cheers for posting, MeShell;  and Courtney, your Albus is going to be alright, hon--your son was right!  :D

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2006, 12:23:14 AM »
Just reading this post.  What great news, I am sorry for what you and your poor cat went through.  Thank goodness for a happy ending.

• One day.......
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2006, 01:15:31 AM »
That's awesome news, welcome back, Albus!!!
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2006, 02:00:21 AM »
Thank you all for your good thoughts and support and thank you MeShell for posting for me earlier. I knew I was going to be late getting back home.

Albus is safe in Columbus with my sister. I was wrong about the rafters. He had actually climbed a cinderblock wall, and somehow got into the wall. They had to make a hole in the wall to get him out. They knew where to start looking b/c his breakaway collar had caught where he crawled in. He's famous now and my sister said the whole crew was babying him. The gals in the office there said the animals bring out the soft side of even the most rough and tumble cargo guys. They took pics of the hole they had to make, and said they would email them to us.

The vet said he was slightly dehydrated and one of his teeth was slightly loose, but no other apparent injuries. He gave him some antibiotics and a sedative. He was quite chill when Maureen picked him up. Mar said everyone there was so nice and very worried about him. The LAX facility has been given a crash course on unacceptable carriers, and without us asking, Northwest has issued a refund to me, and is reimbursing my sister for gas and mileage. That blew me away! Esp since they have a hole in their wall now.

I had shipped his litter box to her last week so he would have something from "home", and she took the box I shipped it in (since it would smell of my house)and sealed it all except for a kitty sized entry hole. She stuck a blanket inside so he would have a nice, cozy place to decompress from all the stress. She also gave him a quiet room that gets a patch of afternoon sun so he can roll in it when he's ready. I do hope she treats me as well when I go to visit next time. ;)

I am so ridiculously relieved. I think I am going to make a batch of cookies and send them to the crew in the cargo facility as a thank you. Thank you all again as well! I know the good thoughs helped this all end well!  [smiley=hug.gif]
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2006, 02:11:52 AM »
your post made my night!  Im so happy for you and Albus.  Im not surprised he found a secret spot in the wall!  So glad they found him.  Im sure you can get some rest now too!  xx  :)

• Stupid bed!
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2006, 02:55:23 AM »
Thank you all for your good thoughts and support and thank you MeShell for posting for me earlier. I knew I was going to be late getting back home.

Albus is safe in Columbus with my sister. I was wrong about the rafters. He had actually climbed a cinderblock wall, and somehow got into the wall. They had to make a hole in the wall to get him out. They knew where to start looking b/c his breakaway collar had caught where he crawled in. He's famous now and my sister said the whole crew was babying him. The gals in the office there said the animals bring out the soft side of even the most rough and tumble cargo guys. They took pics of the hole they had to make, and said they would email them to us.

The vet said he was slightly dehydrated and one of his teeth was slightly loose, but no other apparent injuries. He gave him some antibiotics and a sedative. He was quite chill when Maureen picked him up. Mar said everyone there was so nice and very worried about him. The LAX facility has been given a crash course on unacceptable carriers, and without us asking, Northwest has issued a refund to me, and is reimbursing my sister for gas and mileage. That blew me away! Esp since they have a hole in their wall now.

I had shipped his litter box to her last week so he would have something from "home", and she took the box I shipped it in (since it would smell of my house)and sealed it all except for a kitty sized entry hole. She stuck a blanket inside so he would have a nice, cozy place to decompress from all the stress. She also gave him a quiet room that gets a patch of afternoon sun so he can roll in it when he's ready. I do hope she treats me as well when I go to visit next time. ;)

I am so ridiculously relieved. I think I am going to make a batch of cookies and send them to the crew in the cargo facility as a thank you. Thank you all again as well! I know the good thoughs helped this all end well!  [smiley=hug.gif]

Made me cry....so glad for the positive outcome!  :\\\'(
Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age
               - Victor Hugo-
Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family
.......in another city.
              -George Burns-
The leading cause of death among fashion models is falling
through street grates.
               - Dave Barry -

• Then things got just plain Silly!
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2006, 05:45:25 AM »
Aww made me cry a bit too, but the good kind of tears!  :\\\'( :D I am so happy to read your good news!!!
All dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2006, 08:29:50 AM »
Made me cry....so glad for the positive outcome!  :\\\'(

Me too!!  :\\\'(

I am so glad your kitty is safe, Courtney. What a relief!

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2006, 10:01:19 AM »
Oh my god I am SO relieved. I was thinking about this thread all morning and couldn't wait to log on and check!!!! I feel a bit teary myself now....

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2006, 10:26:26 AM »
Oh my god I am SO relieved. I was thinking about this thread all morning

Me too! I even had a dream (nightmare!) last night that my cat went missing!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2006, 03:12:56 PM »
You all are great!  :D

The last I heard he was under her dresser with his head resting in her hand. He was purring but one eye was open as if to watch out for what was next.

I slept 11 very needed hours last night knowing he was safe! [smiley=sleeping2.gif]
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

Sponsored Links