Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: friend's death yesterday  (Read 2772 times)

• Liked: 4
friend's death yesterday
« on: February 05, 2006, 11:39:00 PM »
I found out yesterday that a friend of mine just died at the age of 33.  He had colorectal cancer and had been fighting vigorously for the past 2 years but it had metastatized and there really was no hope.  (I used to work in cancer research and as soon as I heard it had spread, I knew there really wasn't anything more that could be done)  He was a great guy, always smiling and friendly.  He had married a friend of mine from high school a few years ago and leaves behind a 9 month old son and his parents and 3 sisters.  I feel very helpless that I can't even attend the wake/funeral (my parents and sister are there now) but did sign his online guest book.  I guess other than sending a card there's not much more to do...anyway just thought I'd write all this down as it seems to help share somewhat!  (oh and my husband is out of town this week so can't really talk with him about it!)  Thanks for reading... [smiley=sa3.gif]

Re: friend's death yesterday
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 11:49:59 PM »
Geeta, I am so sorry.  It's so hard to lose a friend.  I have lost two to many, and it's never easy.  Thinking about the good times I had with them always helps me through.  It's not a perminant solution, but it does let me smile through the tears.

I'm sorry you can't be there, I'm sure he understands as does his family.  Sending you hugs.

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 12:07:47 AM »
Geeta~ I am sorry for your loss. So young! Hope hubby gets home soon to give you the extra support you need right now!
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 04:00:08 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.  My thoughts are with you and his family.  Hugs.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 04:12:41 AM »
So sorry to hear that. Hugs.  [smiley=hug.gif]
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain

• Then things got just plain Silly!
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 06:16:18 AM »
Awww that is so sad and the little one left behind breaks my heart. Big hugs to you!  :(
All dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 09:08:17 AM »
So sorry to hear that news, geetak. It's always even worse when it's such a young person. I'm sure your friend's family know that if you could be there, you would. They know you're thinking about them.

Hugs to you. xxx
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 09:16:57 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you. xx

• Liked: 2
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 09:17:12 AM »
So sorry to hear that Geeta especially when you are so far away.  *hugs*

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 12:07:25 PM »
{{{{{{{Geeta}}}}}}}
many hugs...

• Liked: 4
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 05:56:45 PM »
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts...I spoke with my mom and dad yesterday and they said the funeral was very tough.  Very sad but nice as well.  My friend worked for a marketing firm and the company arranged transportation for about 80 employees to attend.  It sounded like a nice tribute to a great person.

• le club de l'autobus blanc!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 08:29:14 PM »
I just want to offer my sincere condolences.

Let's take our wigs off in the shopi aisle and fight it out.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab