Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Andrew Vachss  (Read 1227 times)

Andrew Vachss
« on: November 26, 2003, 04:26:44 AM »
My dh and I have gotten way, way into Andrew Vachss' incredible books.  He is an attorney who represents children exclusively, mostly children who are victims of abuse, especially sexual.  
His books, the "Burke" books, all revolve around a character named (of course) Burke.  Burke never had any other name.  His birth certficate says, "Baby Boy Burke" and that's all he knows.  He grew up in foster homes and detention centers and is now basically a PI/criminal with a soft spot for kids.  
The books are heart-wrenching, heart-warming, engrossing, disturbing, and sweet all at once.
He has a website, www.vachss.com, which has lots of pictures of his dogs and opinions.  There is also a section on Debunking Disinformation, where he re-emphasizes what exactly Roman Polanski and others of his ilk (the pedophile who directed Powder and Jeepers Creepers 2) really did and why it's important to remember.
Anyway, just visited there and thought I should mention it here.  He is also on the board of a major protect-the-kids charity, PROTECT, and there is info on them on the site.

Worth a look, and I'd love to know if anyone else has read any of his books, because I love them.

Sponsored Links