Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Calling all Social Workers  (Read 118906 times)

• Liked: 4
Re: Calling all Social Workers
« Reply #870 on: June 06, 2016, 07:09:26 PM »
Hi Mapleleaf,

First of all I just want to say that I appreciate the advice you've been giving to others in prior pages - it's useful stuff.

At the point when I asked the question we had really just found out about HCPC. My wife did do both of those degrees at a US university, but we've been concerned that, since her country of birth is Spanish speaking, and 'country of birth' is one of the first questions,  they may ask for her to take an English language test anyway. Since then we have read more carefully, and she does satisfy the questions that ask if she has worked and studied in English. So we're guessing/hoping that they won't follow up and ask for the English language requirement. It sounds like that's what you expect too, would that be right?

My wife left the UK at the time (we think!) when the GSCC stuff was just starting - 2003ish, so not registered. And sadly I've never heard of a CETSW letter - I don't suppose you have a link to more info on that other than this very limited stuff? (see below):

Awarding body: CCETSW
Until: 1990
Give eligibility to apply for registration as a qualified social worker: Yes

• Liked: 0
Re: Calling all Social Workers
« Reply #871 on: March 14, 2018, 07:04:45 AM »
Hey guys I finally made the registry to work in the UK! Yay!

Sponsored Links