Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Something odd about me....  (Read 33500 times)

• I'm Josie from the block AKA silvermoondust
  • Liked: 0
Re: Something odd about me....
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2006, 08:17:55 PM »
Ooh I love ketchup, I'm a ketchup fiend. I even eat it by itself :) ( yeah kinda gross I know )

The oddest thing I have ketchup with: scrambled egg. OK maybe that's not the oddest thing I've had with it, gotta think about that one. I've had many, many weird things with ketchup.
Born and bred NYC-er living in Glasgow
Married to my scrumptious hottie Scottish boy on August 13, 2005.

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2006, 08:18:56 PM »
I have an irrational fear of spontaneously combusting.  :o  When I was younger it was so bad that I couldn't sit on the inside seat in resturant booths.  I'm better now.   ;)

On the eating sandwiches topic, I can't just eat it.  I have to tear it into little pieces first. 

• Liked: 1
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2006, 08:20:12 PM »
The oddest thing I have ketchup with: scrambled egg. I've had many, many weird things with ketchup.

i used to do ketchup and eggs....i still do on rare occasions.

another weird one for me....i can't fall asleep unless i'm on my left side.

• I'm Josie from the block AKA silvermoondust
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2006, 08:22:44 PM »
When I have a high fever ( around 103 and up ), I talk almost the entire time in my sleep. Which is why I don't get a good rest when I have a high fever, because I always wake myself up with my constant talking.
Born and bred NYC-er living in Glasgow
Married to my scrumptious hottie Scottish boy on August 13, 2005.

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2006, 08:38:33 PM »
I have to eat ice cream with an iced tea spoon (the kind with the long handles).  Even if it's just a single scoop in a bowl, I can't eat it with any other type of utensil.

I have to trim every single bit of fat off meat, even the tiniest little string of it.  I just can't deal with the texture.  Just thinking about it makes my stomach churn.

I can't bite into bananas; I've got to break off pieces with my fingers, then eat it.  No clue why, but it's the only way I'll eat them.

edited because I kant spel
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 08:44:33 PM by FunGirl »

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2006, 08:42:57 PM »
I can't bite into bananas; I've got to break off pieces with my fingers, then eat it. No clue why, but it's the only way I'll eat them.

OMG.  Me too!  It makes me gag!  And this one time at 4-H camp, I had to do this punishment with this boy at the evening campfire, because we were caught wandering off and we each had to start at one of the ends of the banana and eat towards each other and I honestly thought I was going to throw up!  Still a vivid memory 28 years later!!!

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2006, 09:01:13 PM »
I pick up things with my toes....never had kids either....

The scarf on your head for a headache/sleeping is an old yogic/ayurvedic remedy.  I have a light *ace-bandage* type thing that I wrap around my head for headaches - works a treat.

Milk is not my favorite. I will have it on cereal and in coffee - but not just a glass of it - I can't even watch my husband drink a glass of milk - ick!

I love apple pie - apple juice, etc - but I can't eat a raw apple - ick!

I have a *serious* aversion to rubber-bands.  When I first started my current job - they were the first things in the bin at my new desk! Can't even stand being near someone's desk if there are rubber bands on their desk.....
Never criticize a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes....that way you are a mile a way - and you have his shoes....

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2006, 09:07:04 PM »
i don't like coffee...or anything that tastes like coffee, latte, mocha, espresso, toffee...none of it.  yuck!! 

and it wasn't until about 5 years ago that i could drink anything "hot" like hot chocolate, tea, etc.  everything always had to be either room temperature or cold.

• azroomie & james
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2006, 12:32:33 AM »
if I get over tired.. or don't fall asleep within a reasonable time  I start to feel itchy  all over..mostly my arms..  severely itchy!!  so i dread  staying  awake  longer than  I need to..
"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar." - Raymond Lindquist

• Then things got just plain Silly!
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2006, 12:38:51 AM »
I will read anything that has print on it, boring stuff like shampoo bottles, the informational crap in front of the phone book, ingredients in everything I eat, etc.. You name it, I read it!

However, if assembling something I will attempt to do so first without even bothering to read the directions. I save those for later to see how I did, or for when I mess it all up!  ::) ;D
All dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2006, 01:06:20 AM »
One more - I put potato chips on my sandwiches, I love that crunch it provides.

And when I hit the door, socks and shoes have to come off, my daughter is the same way.

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2006, 01:13:29 AM »
I have to eat side dishes before I eat the main dish.  I like to save the main dish for last!

I need to rub my feed together while I'm in bed at night to go to sleep.

I have heart palpatations (nothing serious)

Once I shaved my arms  8)

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2006, 01:19:32 AM »

Once I shaved my arms  8)

i shave mine every two days.  i didn't have gorilla arms to begin with...but i tried it out once and it just kinda stuck.  i love it.

when i was a kid, i had to eat my french fries in sets of two and they both had to be the same length.  and when i would eat chips (crisps) i would eat all the broken ones on my plate first, from smallest to largest....then i would eat all of the ones that were the "normal" shape.

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2006, 01:27:08 AM »
I cannot stand to see a bug in my house, I will Lysol the hell out of the spot I find/kill it.

I hate to fold laundry, it will sit there for days before I finally fold it which by then is wrinkled as hell.

I have to take a shower in the morning and a bath at night before bed.

When I get a paper out of one of the machines, I pull the middle one out, I can't get the one on top.

I change my undies and socks about three times a day, don't know why (maybe that was sharing too much)!  :-[ ;D

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2006, 01:30:53 AM »
When I get a paper out of one of the machines, I pull the middle one out, I can't get the one on top.

I do that with everything!  When I shop for clothes, food, books, etc... I always pick the one behind.  Maybe I think the front one is contaminated by other people? Who knows! 

Btw...I never knew I had so many quirks until I started reading everyone's posts.  I'm a complete weirdo!  :-\\\\

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab